Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for a receiver

• 20-07-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I have a dish and 2 LNBs connected to a Humax VA-FOX which does the job for me (which is watching russian tv on Hotbird), its probably 8 years old but its been extremely reliable. I have built an extension on my house and want to bring in a new feed into the back of the house. Running Cables and stuff should be easy enough from the existing dish, its just that I haven't been keeping up with receiver technology and I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction for a cheap receiver like the VA-FOX that should do what I want.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do you need a slot for CAM or smartcard?

If it's a basic FTA box you need, I personally like the Technomate TM5200. Good interface, generally reliable, and you can record via USB port onto pendrive or external HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

byte wrote: »
    Do you need a slot for CAM or smartcard?

If it's a basic FTA box you need, I personally like the Technomate TM5200. Good interface, generally reliable, and you can record via USB port onto pendrive or external HDD.

Do you know anybody that sells technomates in Ireland?

Can only find UK websites selling them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

oh8seven wrote: »

Take a gander at the sticky thread at the top of the Satellite forum of shops.

One site I know selling them is freesat.ie but I expect there should be more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Zintek (Walkinstown) sell them.

Also, I saw a 6900 in Peats in Parnell Street.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Also, I saw a 6900 in Peats in Parnell Street.

I asked about that yesterday and it's the only one they have (sample from distributor).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Cheers guys, I got the technomate 5200 on ebay for 72€, it does exactly what I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

oh8seven wrote: »

I've dealt with this crowd on a couple of occasions. Have found them very helpful in that they'll get most things if you just ask.

http://www.sat4ire.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes i recommend a technomate without doubt, Which one you want and what one will suit your needs is up to you. Software and support very good with all the range. The older 1000 series is cheap and still supported. The 5000 series also now is well supported and replaced the 1000 series. Uk and ebay suppliers the best value in all fairness. Some suppliers in Uk will send Free to Ireland. google affordablesat

Advertisement