Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italians Sunbathing Next To Dead Children

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

Mirror wrote: »
    BAHAAAAHH!!!

I nearly shit myself laughing at that! You.Are.Fucking.Hilarious.

*sigh*

Whats so funny about that, do you deny that a man walks by and doesn't give the bodies a second glance.

You must be pretty sick to find that funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

turgon wrote: »
    If I see a dead body I would call the guards. Its called not being a gom.

They had been called, it just took an hour for anyone to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They did, do you REALLY believe what the daily rag has said in that article?

Ok, now imagine the people actually did exactly what you wanted them to do, they all cry, call the police, maybe roll around vomiting in floods of tears.

The police have been called and they have to wait an hour.

Now doing all the right things some posters here think they didn't, are you absolutely sure, that one or two pictures could possibly show some people not crying for the full 1 hour wait, perhaps having gathered themselves sufficiently to await the police, do you really think having done all the right things, this article would be any different.

madser wrote: »
    Whats so funny about that, do you deny that a man walks by and doesn't give the bodies a second glance.

Where is your incontrovertible evidence that that ever happened, do you suggest everyone there would stare unblinkingly at the bodies for an hour, not looking away for a moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I teach four year olds that would have enough intelligence to know that you can't know how many effing "glances" that man has given!!!

It's a still image, of a man, walking roughly parallel to the bodies. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well at least Patrick Swayze is doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Gutter journalism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wagon wrote: »
    Italians just hate the Romanians and from what I've heard you can't really blame them. Two more dead Roma gypsey children means two less beggers/thieves/rapists/murderers on their street in the future. From an Italian standpoint, the Romanians just cross over into their country and take complete advantage of them. Italy's corrupted government won't defend it's people. The Romanian government just offlad these pikeys into a different country.
    I don't think so tbh, the gypsies just follow the money. It's not illegal for them to leave. What are the Romanian government supposed to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Sherifu wrote: »
    I don't think so tbh, the gypsies just follow the money. It's not illegal for them to leave. What are the Romanian government supposed to do?

As a Romanian, what are your views on these Roma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

pvt.joker wrote: »
    As a Romanian, what are your views on these Roma?
    /sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

just on a sort of side note on holidays this year in the canaries, middle aged man suffered a heart attack in the swimming pool and died, Hotel staff and guests including a friend of mine who is a nurse tried for 30mins to resuscitate him to no avail and he was declared dead. He was left lying beside the pool for almost 3 hrs in the sun covered by a sheet. Some of the hotel guests went back to their books some to the bar one or two even went back swimming less then 10 feet from where the man lay dead. This was 4 star hotel with all nationalities present. Myself and my wife and a small number of other guests out of respect to the dead man remains left the Pool area of the complex but that was just us, life goes on I suppose but i did find it strange.

Motosam wrote: »
    Where is your incontrovertible evidence that that ever happened, do you suggest everyone there would stare unblinkingly at the bodies for an hour, not looking away for a moment?

Wheres your incontrovertible evidence that it didn't happen, my assutions are backed up by photos, yours are just in your head:rolleyes:

Also backed up with a history of indifference to Roma in Italy.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-46293

mobby wrote: »
    just on a sort of side note on holidays this year in the canaries, middle aged man suffered a heart attack in the swimming pool and died, Hotel staff and guests including a friend of mine who is a nurse tried for 30mins to resuscitate him to no avail and he was declared dead. He was left lying beside the pool for almost 3 hrs in the sun covered by a sheet. Some of the hotel guests went back to their books some to the bar one or two even went back swimming less then 10 feet from where the man lay dead. This was 4 star hotel with all nationalities present. Myself and my wife and a small number of other guests out of respect to the dead man remains left the Pool area of the complex but that was just us, life goes on I suppose but i did find it strange.
    I agree with you, personally I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting around while there was a dead body in my vicinity, people dont give a sh1t these day IMO

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wheres your incontrovertible evidence that it didn't happen, my assutions are backed up by photos, yours are just in your head:rolleyes:

The photos don't prove anything other than there were some dead bodies on a beach and there were some other people on a beach who were not dead.

I teach four year olds that would have enough intelligence to know that you can't know how many effing "glances" that man has given!!!

It's a still image, of a man, walking roughly parallel to the bodies. That is all.

I'm disturbed they let you near 4 yr olds:eek::P

robinph wrote: »
    The photos don't prove anything other than there were some dead bodies on a beach and there were some other people on a beach who were not dead.
    Well I spose if your comfortable sitting around in an area where 2 children are dead under towels well thats ok then:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Clearly javaboy, robinph and Mirror are paedonarcophiles...

I'm disturbed they let you near 4 yr olds:eek::P
    Your efforts to put me down would probably work if I actually considered your opinion to be valuable in any way.

You've neglected to back your argument regarding the man in the picture, and his glances or lack thereof. Srsly.

Well I spose if your comfortable sitting around in an area where 2 children are dead under towels well thats ok then:rolleyes:

How big does the beach have to be for it to be OK to be on the same? You cannot tell from those pictures how close anyone is to the bodies apart from the one with the bloke walking past them who is possibly closer.

Actually what is the top that bloke is wearing? Could he be one of the lifeguards from the beach? It has the Italian flag on the sleeve, but the writing on the back looks too long to be just the "Italia" of a football jersey.

• Advertisement

Your efforts to put me down would probably work if I actually considered your opinion to be valuable in any way.

You've neglected to back your argument regarding the man in the picture, and his glances or lack thereof. Srsly.

Its called humour love, you should try it some time, srsly in my best Ross O Carroll voice;)

Oh and if I was really trying to put you down it would work srsly LOL

Dudess wrote: »
    Clearly javaboy, robinph and Mirror are paedonarcophiles...
    Well actually, nobody has cared to ask what I would or would not do given the situation, but that's not really the debate.

But making allegations as to the wrong doings of the people in the vincinity is harsh imo. Nothing of the peoples reactions can be judged from the still images, mere snapshots of an entire hour of a given day. Perhaps the people are sitting in silent prayer. Who knows? They are certainly not casually sunning themselves as has been suggested.

And I would like someone with some experience in photography to confirm my guess that the distances are far greater than it would appear at first glance.

Its called humour love, you should try it some time, srsly in my best Ross O Carroll voice;)

Oh and if I was really trying to put you down it would work srsly LOL
    Humour, really? Seems more like a lame argument to me.

Can we have a show of hands, who finds madser funny?
    Now who finds madser's argument funny?

Humour, really? Seems more like a lame argument to me.

Can we have a show of hands, who finds madser funny?
    Now who finds madser's argument funny?
    When your losing the argument you resort to personal insults fine, anyway you use the same argument that can be used either way, how can you tell that they are not sun bathing, I think people think they should have got dressed and moved away.

Thats my last on it, you are stuck in your moment and thats up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Can we have a show of hands, who finds madser funny? Now who finds madser's argument funny?

Yeah look go round up your gang of cronies again :rolleyes: Reinforces exactly what I said last night. Sick of the bullying in here. Post reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

When your losing the argument you resort to personal insults fine, anyway you use the same argument that can be used either way, how can you tell that they are not sun bathing, I think people think they should have got dressed and moved away.

Indeed.
    Don't post in this thread again or I will ban you.

Discuss the issue at hand and nothing else.
    That goes for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Morrissey/The-Lazy-Sunbathers.html

There's a Morrissey song for everything...

The arguments for/against whether or not they are sunbathing have been done already, I thought it was fairly conslusive, you don't sit up like that when you're sunbathing.

You think people should move away, that's fine. But there's a difference between having your opinion on how people should behave and then actually implying that someone who doesn't do as you expect must have no respect for the dead.

Oh so I'm an idiot now because I don't have the same opinion as you, if you read my post instead of being selective, I said I would have left the vicinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The Daily fucking mail.

nuff said

Yeah look go round up your gang of cronies again :rolleyes: Reinforces exactly what I said last night. Sick of the bullying in here. Post reported.
    I was merely being tongue in cheek. It seems all debate has ceased from you so I'll refrain from making points regarding your argument about the image subject's "Utterly despicable disregard for humanity".

• Advertisement

Oh so I'm an idiot now because I don't have the same opinion as you, if you read my post instead of being selective, I said I would have left the vicinity.
    That's fine too. But you also implied that anyone who didn't must have no respect for the dead.

So if you came across dead bodies on the beach you would just leave the scene?

See post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What's the big deal?

So if you came across dead bodies on the beach you would just leave the scene?

If he had been on the beach and witnessed the incident, would he have subsequently left without waiting for the police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Run along now and gather the rest of your opinions from the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

oh my god, how could u just lie there with two bodis next to ya. poor children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's a morbid attraction to dead bodies anyway but not enough to sit staring at them. Anyone who's been to a wake quickly gets over the fact that there's a dead body close by. Hard to judge tbh and I am inclined to go with the assessment that the Daily Mail is trying to manufacture a story where none can really be proven. I wonder how long it took the photographer to get those shots. No can really tell what the true story is anyway. S/he should have more respect for the dead.

If he had been on the beach and witnessed the incident, would he have subsequently left without waiting for the police?

Your rhetoric is excellent, I have changed my post accordingly.

Muchos gracias Hermano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It doesn't really matter what they did, does it? Whether they stayed, left or had a céili around the dead bodies it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference, they're still dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Piste wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what they did, does it? Whether they stayed, left or had a céili around the dead bodies it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference, they're still dead.

+1
    Couldn't have been said any better.

• Advertisement

Your rhetoric is excellent, I have changed my post accordingly.

Muchos gracias Hermano

My point being, it wouldn't be unreasonable to come across the incident, and then move away, as witnesses would already be there and you would not have any reason to be there other than curiosity.

The people on the beach however who witnessed the incident, should stay, rather than wander off leaving the bodies.
    I would assume the person you were quoting, would not be able to reasonably state that the witnesses should have pissed off somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ok guys, keep it civil. Heated discussion good, baiting and throwing snipes at each other bad...

The artical (and not just the Daily Mail one) says they were there for a number of hours after the police were called, and theres not sugesstion that the so called on lookers where the one's involved in the attemped rescue and I accept we dont know either way, something just came to me and apolgies if this was addressed already but what happened the two children that were rescued alive from the water:confused:

My point being, it wouldn't be unreasonable to come across the incident, and then move away, as witnesses would already be there and you would not have any reason to be there other than curiosity.

The people on the beach however who witnessed the incident, should stay, rather than wander off leaving the bodies.
    I would assume the person you were quoting, would not be able to reasonably state that the witnesses should have pissed off somewhere else.

Not pissed off completely but waited somewhere else maybe:(

Not pissed off completely but waited somewhere else maybe:(
    Where else? How far away is ok? 20 yards? 30? And when they get there, this other place that's respectable, are they allowed to sit down? What about if they get a phone call from a funny friend, would they be allowed laugh out loud?

I imagine it would have been important to stay near the bodies, otherwise what would a passer by think?

Oh look, dead bodies.

Someone would have had to stay with the bodies, not fun I imagine, and wait for the police, these are the people now being criticised by that tabloid to sell papers and fabricate outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I was merely being tongue in cheek. It seems all debate has ceased from you so I'll refrain from making points regarding your argument about the image subject's "Utterly despicable disregard for humanity".

A tongue in cheek bully. Now I dont give a sh1t if I get banned, I'm more than sick of the fascist bullys in here already. And my argument 'ceased' Mirror for that very reason. Dress it up anyway you like. I'm sure other posters on Boards are 'tongue in cheek' too but they get accused of trolling and then banned. It seems that having 4,669 posts save you from that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Thats pretty horrible...:(

I imagine it would have been important to stay near the bodies, otherwise what would a passer by think?

Oh look, dead bodies.

Someone would have had to stay with the bodies, not fun I imagine, and wait for the police, these are the people now being criticised by that tabloid to sell papers and fabricate outrage.

Yep, in the absence of the police etc being immediately on the scene I'd have thought it far more disrespectful for everyone to have just buggered off the beach and left it empty.

• Advertisement

A tongue in cheek bully. Now I dont give a sh1t if I get banned, I'm more than sick of the fascist bullys in here already. And my argument 'ceased' Mirror for that very reason. Dress it up anyway you like. I'm sure other posters on Boards are 'tongue in cheek' too but they get accused of trolling and then banned. It seems that having 4,669 posts save you from that though.
    I don't think my post count has anything to do with it, though I'm flattered that you find it impressive. I however don't take it into account when I'm posting my thoughts, or debating something in a civil manner with other boardsies. I don't feel I have bullied anybody, and I don't think the mods do either, as I'm sure I would be warned if I were, they do a very good job at moderating these forums.

So if you would like to point out the part where I bullied you/another user, I would be happy to apologise. Otherwise, stop harrassing me. Post reported.

Advertisement