Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jigsaw Thread can be reopened.

• 21-07-2008 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

By way of celebration of my 1000th post, I hereby declare that the jigsaw thread can be reopened.

I know that a lot of people enjoyed it and I don't want to stand in the way of that. I guess it was pretty funny.

However, whilst I know that Boards.ie is a privately owned entity, I would ask the following out of respect.

1. Any personal information must not be included. It would not be fair to anyone if it was so I'd be grateful if that could be respected.

2. People, please bear in mind that I am actually NOT a stalker. I came home drunk from the pub one night and started a thread that ended up gaining much popularity/notoriety. An error of judgment on my part and yes sure it is funny but I don't really want anyone to be too much of a tw@t about it. That said, I can take a bit of craic and banter etc.

So Mods can do the necessary. Dunno if this the right place to post this but relocate if you see fit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You, sir, are a legend!

Fair play to you for seeing the funny side of it man, very cool of you.

Thanks for having it reopened, there is a thread of the year award in your future for this I reckon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:D

Thank you sir, you've made my Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jigsaw wrote: »
    People, please bear in mind that I am actually NOT a stalker.
    You're not? :(

Dude, you just talked yourself out of a well-paid job!

/tears up contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

orestes wrote: »
    You, sir, are a legend!

Fair play to you for seeing the funny side of it man, very cool of you.

Thanks for having it reopened, there is a thread of the year award in your future for this I reckon :D

What is the prize? :D

What is the prize? :D

One night with the woman of your choice. Any ideas who that is?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

They'll say no, but fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Mary Harney?

Oh dear, I couldn't possibly comment!!

Not "you know who" though.

hussey wrote: »
    Mary Harney?

Certainly not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I missed that thread unfortunately! So yay for reopening it! :D

Although they might not be able to but it's the thought that counts! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

We've moved on jigsaw,get over it-you're just not cool anymore!Unless you haz lolcats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

We've moved on jigsaw,get over it-you're just not cool anymore!Unless you haz lolcats?

This thread just made him cool again Brian!

I await terrys judgement!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Certainly not!!

She'd bang you and eat biscuits at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Jigsaw was never cool. That's the beauty of it. It's a normal non-cool bloke completely making a hames of a slight attraction. Irish stylely, if you like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

+1. 15 minutes is up. You're the "I didn't do it boy"

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-irish-jig-cat.jpg

ok?

quality lolcat,but you're still not cool.You probably already knew that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Cough.

What thread?

quality lolcat,but you're still not cool.You probably already knew that though.

Ah well. I never professed to be "cool". I was just trying to do what people wanted. :)

I reckon I am mid table on the cool league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 drug dealer

Anyone want to explain this so called "The Jigsaw Thread" to non internet clicke good honest drug dealing folk like myself?

Anyone want to explain this so called "The Jigsaw Thread" to non internet clicke good honest drug dealing folk like myself?

Some Galway (?) chick was pictured on a BBC website in a poll about the Lisbon Treaty.

Jigsaw posted professing his undying love for her. He then asked separately for details about how to get to Galway and places to stay. He claims he was drunk.

People found her real name and Bebo page and it got a little bit serious since she wasn't on boards. Jigsaw became a figure of ridicule. Thread got closed and deleted.

(someone who knows more can correct the details)

Now he wants to be in the limelight again. Fade gracefully Jigsaw. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

no particularly no.

try using search or the biki.

Yep there is an absolutely superb run down of the thread on the Biki. Wonder what genius did that! :D

Yep there is an absolutely superb run down of the thread on the Biki. Wonder what genius did that! :D

Without looking I'm guessing it was you Xavi. I've always been a bit psychic. Runs in the family. My grandmother claims she's a medium...

but we all know she's XXL.

javaboy wrote: »
    Some Galway (?) chick was pictured on a BBC website in a poll about the Lisbon Treaty.

Jigsaw posted professing his undying love for her. He then asked separately for details about how to get to Galway and places to stay. He claims he was drunk.

People found her real name and Bebo page and it got a little bit serious since she wasn't on boards. Jigsaw became a figure of ridicule. Thread got closed and deleted.

(someone who knows more can correct the details)

Now he wants to be in the limelight again. Fade gracefully Jigsaw. :)

ffs ye can't win. I'd be happy to fade but there are constant references to the thread in other threads and people wanting the thread opened. If you want to read it, then read it. I can assure you I have no desire to be in the limelight. I don't think "ridicule" is entirely accurate.

ffs ye can't win. I'd be happy to fade but there are constant references to the thread in other threads

Rubbish. You're imagining things. :D

What do you see out your window: Jigsaw! :eek:
    I'm sure you have binoculars lying around somewhere Jigsaw. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

trust me dude, if its re-opened there will be loads more ****.
    Leave it die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It was an epic thread in fairness, I think the mods should clean it up(personal details and the like) and leave it locked so people can admire it, a bit like a museum display, look but do not touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Jigsaw wrote:
    I am actually NOT a stalker.
    Jigsaw wrote:
    I came home drunk
    Jigsaw wrote:
    An error of judgment on my part
    ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement