Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Missed my NCT - No reminder

Options
  • 21-07-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

It was last Thursday and I missed it. Should I not expect a 10c text off them when I have to pay them 40 euro odd.

I'll have to ring them now. I hope they won't try and take the money off me anyway.

Anyone any experience in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If it was a confirmed appointment then they will lump on a cancellation fee onto the next appointment.
    I thought they do send out reminder texts, I got one for my test last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Did you book it yourself or did they book it for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Anan1 wrote: »

Booked myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

they only send you the text when you book the test in the beginning.
    you dont get a reminder,

No offence, but how could it possibly be up to NCTS to remind you of an appointment you booked yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

No offence, but how could it possibly be up to NCTS to remind you of an appointment you booked yourself?

True. I just expected to get a text a few days beforehand.

I thought they did in the past...

To be fair, I kind of remember something like that myself. Try calling them with some kind of a sob story, they might let you off the cancellation fee.

Advertisement