Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Heathrow - Dublin a Domestic flight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I used to take real pleasure in NOT showing my passport when flying between London and Dublin, but to be honest have become jaded and just show it now.

:D same here I did for a bit but now just flash it quickly which does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I find when flying DUB-STN it is often far quicker and easier to break away from the pack and go down the EU/EEA passport line and flash the passport. The other sheep are often left waiting for ages whilst someone opens the gate for them pass thru. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I can't believe this.

Dublin London Heathrow is not a domestic flight. It is international. Two different countries, two different jurisdictions. No argument.

The existance of a CTA means you don't need to show your passport on entry to either country from the other. It is not all that different, in practice, to the arrangements in Schengen countries which accounts for quite a few European countries. However you wouldn't call flights between Germany and France domestic, or, indeed, train journeys.

With respect to security in Dublin Airport, which is where all this leads back to, it is my understanding that the domestic channel is for domestic flights only, ie, internal in the Republic of Ireland. If I am not mistaken, most countries do have some fast track security arrangements for domestic flights.

Where anyone might get the idea that a flight from one jurisdiction, ie Ireland, to another, ie the UK, is absolutely beyond me. Even in Heathrow they are not treated as domestic, but international with special passport arrangements; ie, you don't need one.

Advertisement