Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best option for broadband in Laytown these days?

Options
  • 21-07-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Girls!

Just moved to Laytown and am looking for the best broadband option available. For me the best one is the most stable one with good contention ratio.

So far I see Eircom, Ice, DigiWeb in the area.

Digiweb seems to have higher ratio (48:1) compared to Ice (36:1). Although, Ice seemed to have some problems in the past and people were complaining in the forum about them.

Looked up the forums and all the posts for Laytown are from few years back and surely the situation have improved (or so I hope :rolleyes:).

What would you recommend (from what you've used yourself)?

Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

russki wrote: »
    Hi Guys and Girls!

Just moved to Laytown and am looking for the best broadband option available. For me the best one is the most stable one with good contention ratio.

So far I see Eircom, Ice, DigiWeb in the area.

Digiweb seems to have higher ratio (48:1) compared to Ice (36:1). Although, Ice seemed to have some problems in the past and people were complaining in the forum about them.

Looked up the forums and all the posts for Laytown are from few years back and surely the situation have improved (or so I hope :rolleyes:).

What would you recommend (from what you've used yourself)?

Thanks for all the help!

Ice - Read the sticky
    Digiweb - Ask watty:D
    Eircom - small cap
    You could also get IBB DSL, UTV, Perlico, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭russki

barnicles wrote: »
    You could also get IBB DSL, UTV, Perlico, etc.

IBB = Irish Broadband?? Their web site says they have no DSL coverage in Laytown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

grab a eircom connection
    you wont have any problems and it will be stable unlike your other 2 choices

if u order 2mb now you`ll recieve a 1 mb upgrade to 3mb in the near future, gl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

russki wrote: »
    IBB = Irish Broadband?? Their web site says they have no DSL coverage in Laytown.
    Eircom DSL = IBB DSL

Advertisement