Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardscast - 21st July 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I listened to it Lastnight and this morning on teh dart.

Made the journey fly by! Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

excellent. found it difficult to figure out who i was listening to, but was still a good listen, and interesting...

ha, will g'wan... will be your chepest inking ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

To answer your questions:

No I'm not, and several times via PM and in thread.

You may all resume sleeping well at night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Excellent, loved the Northside SC, makes me miss the hole :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

6th wrote: »
    I just got to that ... crusty jugglers!
    i resent that :( was enjoying it til then... hatred for the juggling folks is not cool!

ahh i enjoyed it all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Damn, that took an eternity to download on my psp. :-( at least i got a mention, second time in a row...woop! good podcast!1!?1 [insert lolcat here]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Really good show, well done folks. Format and structure was great.

Although i do feel for poor Dudess. You should get her on the show. (is it ok to call it a show at this stage?)

Now Im off to PM Tom Dunne to get him to play me a song for the drive home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You were also abbreviating my 'given' name... that's a particular bugbear for me...

Ooops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

found it difficult to figure out who i was listening to

As the podcast regulars tend to all sound the same (kinda dull mittle-ireland ;) ), maybe use of names more frequently would be useful, either that or assign a pitch for each :pac:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You were also abbreviating my 'given' name... that's a particular bugbear for me...

:eek:

Jaysis, sorry.

All these months too.

Won't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Animal bars FTW :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just had a listen, excellent stuff again this week folks. Funnily enough, I'm just back from a weekend in Galway and the Arts Festival has just started. MF would go fcuking postal with all the bongo playing, crusty jugglers we saw down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zaph wrote: »
    MF would go fcuking postal with all the bongo playing, crusty jugglers we saw down there.
    Especially if they shortened his given name and mocked his penis as well. I flashed a couple of nuns in Salthill once, they weren't happy.

Enjoyed the podcast this week too. Good to hear Jules (even if she is a southsider :p) as the wimmins oh boards haven't been getting a look in... except for Dudess that is. Oh, and of course tSubh reading us bedtime stories. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Especially if they shortened his given name and mocked his penis as well. I flashed a couple of nuns in Salthill once, they weren't happy.

Enjoyed the podcast this week too. Good to hear Jules (even if she is a southsider :p) as the wimmins oh boards haven't been getting a look in... except for Dudess that is. Oh, and of course tSubh reading us bedtime stories. :pac:

I agree, we need more wimmins. Us boards wimmins are awesome and should be heard.

and we need more dudess impressions!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have more female humans lined up for next week.... they don't just exist in my head either.

Today we had our second highest amount of downloads ever by the way...

Probably cuz *adopts dublin mode* it's only bleedin deadly...

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Probably cuz *adopts dublin mode* it's only bleedin deadly...

*gets coat*

Here, ill call a taxi for you ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Anti wrote: »
    Here, ill call a taxi for you ;)
    careful, he will rob you while you call it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

splinter wrote: »

The taxi driver or damo? :-p

Actually... we ended up getting over 320 downloads there yesterday. Which is a new record for us.

The previous record was about 23 days ago when we got around 280 downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Is it possible to tell if they are full downloads or particial ones were the same person tries to download it more than once?

Not really...

I just have the graph to go by:

podcast_downloads_daily-5.png

People shouldn't be having difficulties downloading it unless they have a problem with their own connection. If people are having problems then please let me know as I am paying for a dedicated premium podcast hosting service here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Kudos MonkeyFudge on the good podcasts. Really am enjoying listening to them. Particularly when there are a few of us on the irc channel listening at the same time. Provides for some great entertainment :D

^5

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Indeed.

^5

Dord wrote: »
    The taxi driver or damo? :-p

Both? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

splinter wrote: »

Bleedin northsiders !!

Also MF If you'd have me i'd love to come back on to tell of my sucess story \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well done with the podcasts guys/gals, they usually make interesting listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Good show lads, I've lolled on several occasions today catching up on the last three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well done folks very well put together.

loved the intro

I can just see MF at the beers asking the ladies "Do you want to find my banana?"

• Advertisement

Uuuuuleeeeseeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss

Advertisement