Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get SGS

Options
  • 21-07-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, Im applying for a full license test soon. Just wondering how exactly you can be guaranteed to get an SGS centre?? ALL of my friends say to go to the SGS centre in Little Island (East of Cork City), so this would be good. + the pass rate is 13% higher nationally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can't. The DoE selects some applications and farms them out to SGS, there's no way to 'guarantee' it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Ok, but I heard if you ring your can ask for a specific centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

turgon wrote: »
    Ok, but I heard if you ring your can ask for a specific centre?
    After the RSA have allocated you to SGS, you can then contact SGS and change/select an SGS centre of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Basically, you apply as normal with RSA (make sure you have your license 6 months before you do though). After around a month, if you're chosen SGS will send you a letter with a Candidate ID. You then have two weeks (14 days) from the date of receipt to contact SGS and book you test.

I rang them today, and it was a very swift easy process - rang them, got onto a rep straight away she immediatly asked my Candidate ID, Surname, Mobile Number, Confirmation of Address, Asked if I had my provisional for 6 months or longer, she then came back with a date (turned down as was going away on that exact dat -so got a date 2 days after I return). They also sent me a text with my test particulars and wished me look!

So far, they appear less formal than RSA :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

macroman wrote: »
    (make sure you have your license 6 months before you do though).

Not true, you may apply when ever you like, so long as you've held your Learner Permit for 6 months on the day of your driving test you're okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

macroman wrote: »
    After around a month, if you're chosen SGS will send you a letter with a Candidate ID.

SO its completely random like TwoShedsJackson said. Cool. I will say some prayers I suppose!!!

Advertisement