Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost shipment

Options
  • 21-07-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I bought some goods from a UK company to be shiped from UK to another country, we agreed to send the units by the fasted courier they told me they will use RoyalMail Express service, all our communication was using the email, they shiped the units and provide me with a tracking number, that was before more than a month, until now nobody got the units in the destination country and the RoyalMail tracking number is useless in that country post service, the UK company is not responding to my emails. they already charged my credit card. I sent them an email asking for a replacment units or to return my money (about 700 Euro) and no response yet

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact the credit card company and ask about a charge back. If the selling company is not responding, there's little else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Did you contact Royal Mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

jor el wrote: »
    Contact the credit card company and ask about a charge back. If the selling company is not responding, there's little else you can do.

it is AIB credit card, Can I simply call them to ask for a charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Did you contact Royal Mail?

No I did not but the selling company did and the Royal Mail said they would investigate about this after 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

mmalaka wrote: »
    it is AIB credit card, Can I simply call them to ask for a charge back?

You can ask them to open a dispute with the seller and if the seller cannot show proof of deliver then they may well retrieve your funds from the seller.

Have you tried calling the UK company ? Royal Mail will insist on waiting 60 days before refunding the company under the insurance but they should be able to give the company some proof of delivery.
    Just out of interest, what country were the items being shipped to ?

Also, the royalmail tracking number will ONLY work on www.royalmail.co.uk when the parcels got to their destination country they would have been given a new tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just looking at the options for International delivery with Royal Mail, the express service isn't listed, so I'm a little puzzled which method was used.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=400023&mediaId=400033

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

jor el wrote: »

Do this at once..

Advertisement