Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus frame size 60

Options
  • 21-07-2008 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi guys,

i'm looking to buy a Focus road bike from wiggle.
    I'm just under 6' 4" in height.
    Has any one else of similar height bought a 60 Focus frame size, and if so is it a good fit?

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Probably not a great help but I'm 6ft and ride a 58cm Focus Cayo. It fits fine but would be on the large side if anything. I'd compare the geometry and reach in particular with your current bike if you can/if you have one. Bit of a risk buying online if it is your first bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

60 should be fine for you I'm a similiar height - I was going to get the Cayo but its discontinued :(

If your not sure about the size use the fit calculator here
    http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO&INTRO_LINK=NOREDIR&CLEAR_RESULTS=TRUE&SITE.CODE=

I'm probably not going to get the Focus myself now; gonna go with Wheelworx as they size you up for free (usually 90 quid) when you buy a bike from them.
    You've probably seen my threat about the Dolan bike, wondering if anybody has one. They look good so might get one plus the advantage of wheelworx is that you've been sized up/1 year service free and if you've any problems you can always go back to them - buying online can be cheaper but just make sure you know your size. Going by this post you put up your unsure.
    This'll be my first bike so gonna play it safe and pay the few quid extra.

My 2 cents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pmagix

thanks for the words of advice
    think i'll hold off for a bit and get measured properly before i buy.
    had a racer/tourer before, got stolen, was a good fit for me but i never paid any heed to its measurements!

Advertisement