Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork and Lamb burgers

• 21-07-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

I distinctly remember Gordon Ramsey's missus making Pork and Lamb burgers one time on a celbrity chef's wive's show on TV... i.e. minced pork mixed with minced lamb, usual herbs, make a patty and grill/fry/BBQ.

Any opinions on this mixture for making a burger... anyone tried it? I'm Thinking about giving it a go some evening as a different BBQ idea as I'm getting bored with my own mince steak burgers (good and all that they are ;) )

Thanks in advance
    MuppetMan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've never heard of pork and lamb together as a mince mixture, although beef and pork is a pretty common mixture on the continent for making meatballs and suchlike. The pork, apart from giving some flavour, also helps to keep the mixture together, and seeing as (in my experience anyway) lamb mince on it's own tends to produce quite 'crumbly' burgers that tend to fall apart easily without any other binding agent, then maybe a mixture of lamb and pork together would achieve the same effect.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've just made lamb burgers (yummy!) but I never thought of mixing in pork. I'd be interested to hear how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Alun wrote: »
    I've never heard of pork and lamb together as a mince mixture, although beef and pork is a pretty common mixture on the continent for making meatballs and suchlike.

I make all my meatballs with superquinn pork sausage meat and minced beef.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'll give it a go over the next few days and see how it works out and report back here.

Thanks All!
    Muppet Man

Advertisement