Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 BMW 320 D SE - Opinions

Options
  • 21-07-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

So my parents are looking to change to one of these 'possibly' buying it from the north, what are these like on diesel? What mileage would you get for a tank of diesel etc?How much for tax? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

Should see 50 to 55mpg.
    Road tax will be based on engine size so Eur590. If car was registered in 2008 that road tax would be vrt based and so if it is the efficient dynamic engine the tax would be Eur150.
    Vrt will be based on emission so assuming it is the efficient dynamic engine vrt will be 16%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Should see 50 to 55mpg.
    Road tax will be based on engine size so Eur590. If car was registered in 2008 that road tax would be vrt based and so if it is the efficient dynamic engine the tax would be Eur150.
    Vrt will be based on emission so assuming it is the efficient dynamic engine vrt will be 16%.

should be:

If car was registered in 2008 that road tax would be emission based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Road tax will be cc based.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

the car would be brought in from northern ireland so would the new tax system apply?? (sorry for my ignorance, i dont have a CLUE!!!) THANKS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

a 2007 would be CC based

if its post 08 then the new emission system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

i think a 2006/7 320d will be a great purchase, as long as you factor the extra motor tax cost into the haggling;) of an irish car.
    If you want my advice, wait until Jan 09, as all the 06/07 cars will be traded in by people who want 150 euro roadtax! (silly really, as their loosing so much more in deprication, but their loss is your gain;))

if you import a 06/07 car the motor tax will be cc based, but the vrt will be CO2 based.

You need to ask the UK/NI seller what the CO2 is because theres different levels depending on age i.e. efficient dynamic package

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Traded in a 06 318D (same engine as the 320d just not as much bhp if i'm correct) with 60,000 miles on it. It was from a rep and the trip was reading 46.7 or so miles to the gallon. Sold it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Diesel BMWs always tend to sell on fairly easily at good prices.

OP should aim for a post Sep 2007 320d though as it will be fitted with Efficency Dynamics iirc meaning it will have a lower Co2 rating resulting in cheaper VRT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the ED engine is from late 2007 onwards, so in my opinion i would wait an extra few months if possible and get the extra few quid to buy a 2008 model as it will sell better in 5 years time.

think about it, its 2013, there are 2 BMW 320D's for sale, by this time the 08 will be very close to the 07 on price but people will buy the 08 due to the lower road tax 590<150

my opinion of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

A few 08 Models will be on the horizon in the UK maybe wait until January and buy from the UK then, VRT and Road Tax will all be Co2 based providing there isn't changes in the Budget and from what I'm feeling within the inner circles, the new changes are crippling finances. The VRT and Road Tax is hurting the ol' revenue pockets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 9332EDWARD

Take a look at carzone..there is a 08 320d SE for 35950 euros. VRT'ed and taxed for a year.Black with 4000 miles.Worth a look..

Advertisement