Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worm in my Tesco Value Tune

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

eth0_ wrote: »
    If I may be so crude - They do in their hole!

I worked as a contractor for Tesco for a while about 2 years ago and I was shocked at how they just do not care. They get complaints about this sort of thing all the time.

Add to this their nazi-ish treatment of wholesalers, their determination to run farmers into poverty, and their wholehearted support of animal torture (see www.chickenout.tv) and it adds up to a company that really thinks its customers are idiots.

Just to compare: I've never found any foreign objects, or bought any food that is well past its use by date, in M&S, Aldi, Dunnes or Sainsbury's.

But I have found this on several occasions with Tesco.

Tesco = FAIL.

Can I ask in what capacity you worked as a contractor?...were you involved in the supply of foodstuffs?....if you werent then Im sorry but you have no clue as to what the Tesco technical code of practice for tesco branded suppliers,requires their suppliers to meet.
    Most multiples in Ireland,the UK and Europe require suppliers to achieve a minimum grade in the BRC global standard. This standard is considered a benchmark in third party (independent) accreditation. BUT the current,recently revised Tesco technical standard is in a league way over and above the current BRC standard. From Haccp to GMPs to ethical trading is covered. and scrutinsed.
    Tesco also have a team of PIU auditors who periodically land un announced on a supplier site to carry out full audits.

In my professional opinion...tesco is without doubt the very best at this.Iv never come across a standard like it.
    Add to this their nazi-ish treatment of wholesalers, their determination to run farmers into poverty, and their wholehearted support of animal torture (see www.chickenout.tv) and it adds up to a company that really thinks its customers are idiots.

Your crossing over into another area altogether here..now your damming their business model...a totally different topic.
    Just to compare: I've never found any foreign objects, or bought any food that is well past its use by date, in M&S, Aldi, Dunnes or Sainsbury's.
    have you ever compared the number of SKUs tesco have compared to the other retailers you have just mentioned. I know myself Aldi have about 1200...M&S probably the same...but Tesco I reckon could be up to about 14000 maybe more....so your not comparing like for like.

This is a good article to supplement what Ive just posted.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm200203/cmselect/cmsctech/415/415ap46.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Clytus wrote: »
    Can I ask in what capacity you worked as a contractor?...were you involved in the supply of foodstuffs?....if you werent then Im sorry but you have no clue as to what the Tesco technical code of practice for tesco branded suppliers,requires their suppliers to meet.
    Most multiples in Ireland,the UK and Europe require suppliers to achieve a minimum grade in the BRC global standard. This standard is considered a benchmark in third party (independent) accreditation. BUT the current,recently revised Tesco technical standard is in a league way over and above the current BRC standard. From Haccp to GMPs to ethical trading is covered. and scrutinsed.
    Tesco also have a team of PIU auditors who periodically land un announced on a supplier site to carry out full audits.

In my professional opinion...tesco is without doubt the very best at this.Iv never come across a standard like it.

Your crossing over into another area altogether here..now your damming their business model...a totally different topic.

have you ever compared the number of SKUs tesco have compared to the other retailers you have just mentioned. I know myself Aldi have about 1200...M&S probably the same...but Tesco I reckon could be up to about 14000 maybe more....so your not comparing like for like.

This is a good article to supplement what Ive just posted.

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm200203/cmselect/cmsctech/415/415ap46.htm

I can vouch for all of the above. I work in the Technical dept of a prominent food manufacturer and Tesco audits are very, very stringent. Other companies are happy with the BRC audit- Tesco require this as a basic and do their own audit on top of it. They ask us for every detail of every complaint they get on the products we make that are sold as Tesco own-brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to ask posters to take a big deep breath and calm down on this thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

jayteecork wrote: »
    Come on. I think finding a dead animal in your tuna is cause for more than getting a refund.

i generally tend to find a dead animal in my tins of tuna, never been given so much as a refund. granted its usually a tuna.

I can vouch for all of the above. I work in the Technical dept of a prominent food manufacturer and Tesco audits are very, very stringent. Other companies are happy with the BRC audit- Tesco require this as a basic and do their own audit on top of it. They ask us for every detail of every complaint they get on the products we make that are sold as Tesco own-brand.

Im aware of one manufacturer in the UK that has a BRC grade "A"..and have had the A grade for some time...yet still cant get Tesco approval...and thats following 3:eek: site visits over the last year.

• Advertisement

Clytus wrote: »
    Im aware of one manufacturer in the UK that has a BRC grade "A"..and have had the A grade for some time...yet still cant get Tesco approval...and thats following 3:eek: site visits over the last year.

Wonder who it is? What sort of food do they make?

ceegee wrote: »
    i generally tend to find a dead animal in my tins of tuna, never been given so much as a refund. granted its usually a tuna.

ha ha brilliant!!!

Wonder who it is? What sort of food do they make?
    I dont know the company exactly..but i do know what they make...but rather not say....but its low risk.

Advertisement