Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Champs 2009, les deux alpes, 14th-21st March

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

champsym1.gif

Features:

-Ski and snowboard freestyle contests

-Boardercross and skiercross

- Ski and snowboard timed Giant Slalom

- Rider judged box jam session

-Full social timetable including welcome night with free drinks and paddys day extravaganza!

Why Les Deux Alpes?
    -One of the largest ski areas in europe with slopes for all ability levels

-World class snowpark

-Dedicated Slalom/GS arena

-Easy access with packages or with cheap flights from Ireland

-Wide variety of accomodation options

-Excellent nightlife

More details and website coming soon!

Start the hype now!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Beat me too it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Les Deux Alpes is a great resort alright.

I was only in the beginner/intermediate park, but you get a great look at the advanced park from the lift and it looks terrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

i was there 2 years ago, there was very little snow, had to go to the top of the glacier to get the snow, Good spot but found val 'd alers better

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

Website dropping soon, watch this space!

• Advertisement

website just launched:

http://www.irishsnowchamps.com

includes:

prov. timetable of events

coming soon:

e-mail updates pre-event
    in resort text updates
    forum
    mega discount accomodation offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

How does one enter the Comp? I would love to enter the Mens Freestyle next season if possible. How many other competitors do you expect ? Is it only open to Irish Skiers/Boarders?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

paulharte wrote: »
    website just launched:

http://www.irishsnowchamps.com

includes:

prov. timetable of events

coming soon:

e-mail updates pre-event
    in resort text updates
    forum
    mega discount accomodation offer

Hey if you need some help with the Website i am a Web Developer/Designer by profession and would love to volunteer to help out with the website. Just give me a PM !

Overflow wrote: »
    How does one enter the Comp? I would love to enter the Mens Freestyle next season if possible. How many other competitors do you expect ? Is it only open to Irish Skiers/Boarders?

Thanks

We had a total of about 70 ppl total last year, but we are looking to expand it a lot this year (last year was the first year)

Unfortunately since it is the irish champs you do have do have an irish passport or be born in ireland or northern ireland to enter the comps. You are still welcome to come for the week though, the paddys day railjam is open to all comers.

We will have online registration after christmas through paypal

The package will be bookable next week. We are going with wastelands, a british company, who handle accomodation for some of the biggest british comps.

Its £299 sterling for transfer, accom AND liftpass (approx 378 euros)

Flights are currently 160.52 euros making it a total of 538.54

Package includes a free irish champs champs t-shirt and the irish champs wristband for drinks discounts at the night events

Comp entry will be e40 early bird or e50 in resort including the irish champs bib

Book your flights now to avoid disappointment! The irish champs buses link up with the 2 ryanair flights arriving 14th March into grenoble and with the return flights 21st March

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

il see you guys there :D....

Bib preview now on the website

bibs.gif

check http://www.irishsnowchamps.com for more details

The Irish Champs postering campaign has begun!

Champs posters now up in:

Great outdoors
    BLVD
    Quiksilver, st. stephens green
    Onboard

Have a look next time you are in town! Posters coming soon to a ski shop near you!

"The Package" is now bookable on www.irishsnowchamps.com. secure yor place for €118.44 approx.

The price has actually got CHEAPER since the recent fall in sterling, saving us about €20 each.

Here are the details:

Cost

£299 sterling (approx 378 euros, check the latest exchange rates at Xe.com)

Whats included in the package?

* Centrally located self-catering accommodation based around our base bar for the week (the yeti bar)
    * 6 day full area Les Deux Alpes lift pass
    * Return transfers from Grenoble airport to resort
    * Awesome Irish Champs t-shirt for each person
    * All taxes and resort taxes
    * Champs wristband for exclusive Irish champs discounts in clubs and pubs, check the party timetable for more

Sponsor update:

I'm pround to announce that snow+rock will be sponsoring The Irish Champs '09.

What this means: lots of super swish prizes for all the events, watch this space for more

Media news:

Keep an eye out for the champs in a forthcoming issue of snowboarduk magazine, at all good newsagents!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Hi Guys,

Anyone now anything about the accommodation? I'm thinking of going but I'll be heading over on my todd as most of my mates can't get the time off work as they're teachers but not sure what the situation would be for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi mr ed,

The accommodation is described on "The Package" page of the site http://www.irishsnowchamps.com if you are heading over on your todd, we can put you in a room with some like-minded people (i know of at least two others at this moment)

Let me know if you have any other questions

Latest updates:

Snow+Rock sponsorship

Snow+Rock have come on board as headline sponsors for The Irish Champs, meaning more great prizes for competitors! Keep an eye on the site for more details

Irish Times coverage

Keep an eye out for a piece about the champs in next weeks Irish Times!

New Site Unveiled

The Irish Champs site has gotten a total overhaul, check it out http://www.irishsnowchamps.com

Hey guys,

Just to let everyone know, the final date to get your deposit in for the champs "package" is February 13th February (next friday)

Its your last chance to reserve your place!

Hey Guys,

Thanks to all who come out to the snow and rock night, it was great craic. Anyone who wasn't there: you missed out!!

Due to popular demand, the final date to have your deposit in for the champs has been put back to Sat 14th Feb at midnight! (Thats this Saturday!!!)

Deposit is just £100 (€110 approx)

Get in and reserve your place!!

• Advertisement

Congrats to the 60 ppl who got thier deposits in before the closing date. Its going to be a great week!!

Reminder: today (tuesday) is the last chance to get your competition entry in at the discount rate!

http://www.irishsnowchamps.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=72

some pics from the champs

Full update+results soon on http://www.irishsnowchamps.com

n584929316_1612140_4312441.jpg

n584929316_1612150_1304834.jpg

n584929316_1612146_6342198.jpg

2599_78129476072_536946072_2037794_8148135_n.jpg

Thanks to Peter Ross and Ollie grant for the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hey Paul,

How did the champs go over all I didnt hear anything after

Put up more Pics if you like they look great. Did anyone hit that big kicker? it looked like a monster!

I managed some straight airs off a red kicker in Meribel but honestly found it terrifying and it only looked about half the size of that one on your site.

What did you think of L2A overall? I'm half thinking of going over a week in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

It was a great week, well organised, good competition and good fun. Long may it continue and grow.

Yeah, people were hitting the big kicker. A few of the boys were trying 360's on it. A few landed it on skis, but none of the boarders managed to get the spin and make the landing.

The Champs this year had a very different buzz to last year, there was a great community feel to it, since there was comps all week long and some pretty messy nights out every night!!

Should have results and pics up today

sarsfield - thanks!!!

Hey all,

Photos from the comps up on http://www.irishsnowchamps.com

Check it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

see a movie of the event here

Advertisement