Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault with 2 Month old €50 Sennheiser ear-buds

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Got these locally 2 months ago 25 May 08, have receipt.

Was never mighty impressesd but just now realising that the volume on the left had one is much lower than on the right had one. Don't know if this was the case from the start. Have tried with 3 different sources, mp3 player, mini-radio, and home hi-fi, and all 3 give this result, just to make sure that my hearing wasn't going in left ear also tried both buds in same ear and there is definitely less volume coming from "Left bud"

What to do now.?

How much time might I have to allow the retailer to give satisfaction?

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

dohouch wrote: »
    Got these locally 2 months ago 25 May 08, have receipt.

Was never mighty impressesd but just now realising that the volume on the left had one is much lower than on the right had one. Don't know if this was the case from the start. Have tried with 3 different sources, mp3 player, mini-radio, and home hi-fi, and all 3 give this result, just to make sure that my hearing wasn't going in left ear also tried both buds in same ear and there is definitely less volume coming from "Left bud"

What to do now.?

How much time might I have to allow the retailer to give satisfaction?

Ok, if there is no sign of external customer damage you shoudl stop using them and return them immediaitely or as soon as possible.

The key word (I learned this here recently :) ) is reasonable. They should offer a reasonable resolution within a reasonable time frame.

TBH, in this case, more than likely they should simply swap out the headphones for a new set. It sounds like you just got a faulty pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

SDooM wrote: »
    Ok, if there is no sign of external customer damage you shoudl stop using them and return them immediaitely or as soon as possible.

The key word (I learned this here recently :) ) is reasonable. They should offer a reasonable resolution within a reasonable time frame.

TBH, in this case, more than likely they should simply swap out the headphones for a new set. It sounds like you just got a faulty pair.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Problem resolved.

1. Rang Sennheiser and the service people even rang me back, told me if the shop couldn't help they would it exchange it directly for me, he also told me to use his name and tell the shop to return the faulty set to them for an exchange. ( He actually didn't deny that the problem of differing volume levels existed)

2. The first person I spoke to in the shop searched around for somewhere to test them, and eventually settled on a hi-fi that had a badly tuned radio station. He cllaimed not to hear the diffeence, but I insisted, and a further assistant was called over. I was a bit shocked, when he immediately confirmed there was a difference. I then checked the identical replacement, and could swear there is a marginal difference in volume levels. But a badly tuned radio station is not the best method of checking the volume levels on ear-buds.(Bring a good CD with you)

Anyway, a few long train journies coming up in the next few days and happy to have me volume turned up once more.
    bye and thanks for all replies
    dOH

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Good to hear that Sennheiser were sound to deal with.

There seems to be a large number of fake cx300 earbuds going around even through reputable sources so it's great that you got sorted.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

parsi wrote: »
    Sennheiser were sound
    Ba dum tish...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Nearly all of the Sennheiser headphone stuff is made in Ireland and would be no big deal to exchange them They also have an excellent reputation and make good headphones.

Advertisement