Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What S4 Gear You Have ? Also Raiting

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Was just wondering how all us Irish are getting on.

First of all me.
    Raiting : 1555 (2v2)
    Have S4 hand, legs waist and neck pieces.

I hope this week i can get to 1600 raiting & should have the required arena points to buy the chest piece.

My arena partner is a Mage & im a Hunter we are good but find it hard once we come up against teams with healers to be honest. I think my raiting & so would his go up if we teamed up with a Druid healer. But we been playing with one another for a long time we wont change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

BadCharlie wrote: »
    But we been playing with one another for a long time we wont change.

Enjoy the 1550 Rating so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

haven't played arena or wow for a long time, but i guess i'd still be right in saying 'nerf droods' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Full season 3 warrior except merci shoulders, merci thrown weapon and merci boots. S4 belt, wrists, hands. was at 1670 with my druid who stopped playing last week, playing with a shaman atm and down to 1550 :(

got 2k arena points, just waiting for the 1700 rating so i can get teh head

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've just gotten my first 2 pieces of season 2, along with 2 peices of my rep pvp gear! 144 res and rising...FEAR ME!!1!one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i know its only s2 gear, have 3 piece merc, chest helm and shoulders, have vinicator bracers, epic boots (only leather from kara) and if i play tonight should have enough for the s2 hands.

gonna replace all my blues first then when gear is all epic replace my khorium destroyer with merc bow. thats if i dont get one of the ones from kara.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

had 2.2k in 2v2 when the ban wave came, had 5k arena and 75k honor on druid was ful 8/8 s3. priest was the same as above but 7/8.

Thanks for banning me <3 blizz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

probably shouldn't cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

WellyJ wrote: »
    Enjoy the 1550 Rating so.

LoL's
    Ohh i think we will go higher then 1550. We punch around the 1650 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

@sunzz

trade more wins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wookie5

sunzz wrote: »
    had 2.2k in 2v2 when the ban wave came, had 5k arena and 75k honor on druid was ful 8/8 s3. priest was the same as above but 7/8.

Thanks for banning me <3 blizz.

Why did they ban you?

• Advertisement

Wookie5 wrote: »
    Why did they ban you?

Botting.

WellyJ wrote: »
    Botting.

Silly man.. in all fairness it doesnt take much time in the BG's to get the honor for your items... So imo a ban well deserverd. As is the case with all the cheaters.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

120% deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I botted myself pretty much a whole set of s3 honor items, the trinkets etc and only got a 24hr ban cos I left it going in wsg :(

AV=eazy honr lols

tried it once on my hunter, couldnt really get it working so threw it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kaien

Never botted =P No point in risking your account and gear when AV makes all the honor gear so accessible these days.

Have a Dwarf priest, 4s4 , rest is s3, currently at 1800 in 2v2 (boosting my rogue alt by playing 7 games out of 10 :>) , 1950 3v3 ( setup Hunter Druid Priest, not played in ages due to activity probs) , and 1800 5v5 , we came 15th last season after starting 3 days before the season was ending so hopefully theres a glad spot in it for us this time =p

yeh i agree, i only tried it on my hunter when i hit barrens cuz i absolutly hate the barrens. hate it.

i was kinda thinkin bout givin up wow at the time so i didnt give a fuk!

glad i got rid of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Lol nice way to jump to conclusions wellyj :D

As stated before i've NEVER botted or bought gold on my acc.
    I, like SOO many others was banned for no reason, that ban wave effected alot of people who did nothing, and failed to catch the many people who did alot like @alan@ lol drake :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

If it was an account that wasn't originally yours it might have been the guy before. Blizzard likes catching people then doing mass bannings later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Was sitting at 1789 rating in 2v2, 1650 in 3v3 and now after reviving my 5v5 got it back in positive rating and sitting at 1560 after our first night together.

2v2 is now gone as I was with a rogue and they got a big nerf in 2.4.3 with Cheat Death being linked to resilience so we weren't working as well as we did pre-nerf. Now with another paladin since last night and were 9-2 up before we quit after 1 night I think which wasn't bad.

Gear wise... have S4 hands, belt, boots, ring, neck and bracers. Getting S4 chest on Wednesday which will be a big improvement for me over the only piece of S1 I have left, ze chest! Rest of my gear is S2, with Mount Hyjal 1h Spell dmg mace and S3 legs.

• Advertisement

Ahem... Cough...
    sunzz wrote: »
    sspvp / automouseclicker + jump script is your friend 15k honor a day when im asleep and at work .

Cough.... Ahem......

:) Got what you deserved :D Like everyone else who got hit with the ban stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Still stuck with s1/s2 gear atm. Am saving up now for the s4 gloves. Is there a problem with the ratings atm ? I have a >1300 rated 2v2 and we keep comming up against people in far better gear. And im sure our lack of skill dosen't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

No, arena has settled on my battlegroup now anyway and you don't meet very good people at 1300-1400. 1600+ you start to meet some decent teams and cracking 1800 would be pretty difficult unless you have a team with 2 of the overpowered classes on them. Druid / Warlock springs to mind. Other teams that seem to go well are hunter / druid, druid /warrior (seeing a pattern here?) and priest mage, priest / rogue.

i hear people always say they play games just to lose. do u still get arena points for losing 10 games a week or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Druid / Warlock springs to mind. Other teams that seem to go well are hunter / druid, druid /warrior (seeing a pattern here?) and priest mage, priest / rogue.

The pattern I see is people like to moan about druids. k?

Ya you get points even if you lose 10 games that week. But the more your raiting goes down the less amount of points u will get. So its best to try and win more then lose. Easyer said then done.

Like pople said above you need a good combination of class's.

Anti wrote: »
    Still stuck with s1/s2 gear atm. Am saving up now for the s4 gloves. Is there a problem with the ratings atm ? I have a >1300 rated 2v2 and we keep comming up against people in far better gear. And im sure our lack of skill dosen't help either.

I dunno i feel the same seems like its hard to break 1600-1700. We're coming up against 5/5 s4 with weapon at 1650 :( My 2v2 with a war\druid easy made it to s3 weapon last season and sat just below the rating for my sholders :( around 1950 this season i cant even get past 1650. Keep metting double dps teams rogue\mage and war\retri pally teams... they just destroy the druid.. and he has 460res.

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Ya you get points even if you lose 10 games that week. But the more your raiting goes down the less amount of points u will get. So its best to try and win more then lose. Easyer said then done.

Like pople said above you need a good combination of class's.

ok how many points u get for winnin / losin?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ok how many points u get for winnin / losin?

It all goes by your raiting at end of week. So you could be lets say raiting 1500 at start of week. Play 10 games "and lose them all" and have raiting of 1300 u will get ?? not sure maybe 250 points in 2v2.

Then lets say u start at 1100 raiting this week. Win 10 games and now at end of week raiting of 1300. You will still only get 250 points.

U can also play 100 games in a week if you liked. And at the end of it only have 1300 raiting. You will still only get 250points.

Their is a web site which u can google. Which will tell u what points u going to get for your raiting.

• Advertisement

Wookie5 wrote: »
    I dunno i feel the same seems like its hard to break 1600-1700. We're coming up against 5/5 s4 with weapon at 1650 :( My 2v2 with a war\druid easy made it to s3 weapon last season and sat just below the rating for my sholders :( around 1950 this season i cant even get past 1650. Keep metting double dps teams rogue\mage and war\retri pally teams... they just destroy the druid.. and he has 460res.

Well S3 was a joke, you could have all S3 gear and meet a team all in greens. Not much of a fight would you think ?
    At least the S4 will pair you closer to your skill level then before.

Advertisement