Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women wearing pyjamas in broad daylight

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

darkman2 wrote: »
    I argue about lots of things................'LOTS' of things;) I should the Prime Minister really because im always right and I just say what most think but dont have the balls to say.:pac:

:rolleyes: right so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

JaneyMc wrote: »
    :rolleyes: right so.

See what I mean. Now admit it was a mistake to wear those PJays in public. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

'Skangers' - Pyjamas, bleached-blonde hair and large hoop earrings are popular with howiyas (females). Courtesy of wiki link above.

Fact is it IS a class thing whether the politically correct here like it or not. In the real world the pyjama wearing element are uneducated, lazy, unmotivated, desperate, poor, live in council housing, usually in either Inner City Dublin or places like Ballymun, Tallaght or Finglas, live on dole handouts and have 10 kids for child benefit so they can have a drinking session at the weekends. The lowest of the low. Why would any self respecting girl/woman want to be associated with that social grouping? They are automatically seen as wasters and no hopers when they wear pyjama's. Thats why they dont.

What's your line of work? Since you seem to assume that most people from these areas don't work hard or work at all, your job must be a real ballbuster.

Poccington wrote: »
    What's your line of work? Since you seem to assume that most people from these areas don't work hard or work at all, your job must be a real ballbuster.

I never said people from 'these areas' did not work at all - far from it. They have a high percentage who dont though compared to other areas.

How do you know? Have you carried out a survey of any kind?

What's the difference between scumbags on the dole in those areas and people who just sponge off their parents from what could be seen as better areas? Apart from them being scumbags, they're still not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Here_Young_Wan

Yeah but I highly doubt most of em could care less about you, what you wear or your life in general....yet theirs seem to really get to you. So they wear their pajamas outside, so what? Am from a council estate myself and thou I don't do it myself know a few people that do. Get over it.....I think I'd actually rather be a pajama wearing scanger than be that up my own arse.

What's the difference between scumbags on the dole in those areas and people who just sponge off their parents from what could be seen as better areas? Apart from them being scumbags, they're still not working.

I agree.

P.S You saying you need a survey to confirm if there is more social welfare claimants in Ballymun, say, then Castleknock or Ballbridge? That would be self evident I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

few points to make

i live in a v noice area (near a well known an incredibly snooty shopping centre- ye know the one!) and i can tell you its not just knackbags on the dole doing this. in fact, from what i've seen its more prevalent among the 14-18 yr old set, matching their 'going out jammies' with their A+F hoodies and backcombed hair. good god, how i hate this trend, but each to their own.

I myself, am unemployed. (dudes- im totally stealing internet from yr taxes! :D) you will not catch me wandering the streets in my jammies.(and i could wear em all day, having no job to go to :( ) ill go out to the front gate and get the wheelie bins in, but thats my limit.

so lay off the dolemonkeys please, some of us wear clothes and look for jobs. quite often at the same time.

See what I mean. Now admit it was a mistake to wear those PJays in public. ;)

No. Cause it wasn't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I argue about lots of things................'LOTS' of things;) I should be Prime Minister really because im always right and I just say what most think but dont have the balls to say.:pac:

Why is it that right wing conservative middle class monkeys with a class complex and a general hatred for the less fiscally involved always think the world secretly agrees with them but is too riddled with liberal guilt to say so?

(i can stereotype and generalise too).

I think I'd actually rather be a pajama wearing scanger

Fair enough - I just think it looks bad is all.

I agree.

P.S You saying you need a survey to confirm if there is more social welfare claimants in Ballymun, say, then Castleknock or Ballbridge? That would be self evident I would have thought.

There more than likely is, I'm just saying you're showing quite a dislike for the dole monkeys(With good reason). I was just pointing out that they're not the only ones sponging off people for a living.

Why is it that right wing conservative middle class monkeys with a class complex and a general hatred for the less fiscally involved always think the world secretly agrees with them but is too riddled with liberal guilt to say so?

(i can stereotype and generalise too).

Im not 'Middle Class' - I said I was in the 'middle' but im below 'middle class' fiscally which in this country seems to mean you have lots of dosh.

There more than likely is, I'm just saying you're showing quite a dislike for the dole monkeys(With good reason). I was just pointing out that they're not the only ones sponging off people for a living.

Ive no problem with people on the Dole who have become unemployed and need genuine help. Good god no. What I am against is people who dont make an effort and make it so bloody obvious on the streets and staying on the dole for years.

Fair enough - I just think it looks bad is all.
    Yeah but in all fairness there are some just as dodgy looks going around Dublin, them mullet haircuts.....orange fake tan d4s. Just because you don't like how someone looks doesn't really mean you can judge them.

• Advertisement

Ive no problem with people on the Dole who have become unemployed and need genuine help. Good god no. What I am against is people who dont make an effort and make it so bloody obvious on the streets and staying on the dole for years.

And it's only the people on the streets in their pyjamas that do this is it?:rolleyes:

Im not 'Middle Class' - I said I was in the 'middle' but im below 'middle class' fiscally which in this country seems to mean you have lots of dosh.

lolz thats the only part of my post you didn't like?So you agree that you are a right wing conservative monkey with a class complex and are overly interested in money?Sound.

JaneyMc wrote: »
    And it's only the people on the streets in their pyjamas that do this is it?:rolleyes:

99.9% of Pyjama wearing people represent that portion of society in my book. People can deny it all they want but its the dress code of people who most of us on here probrably dont associate with for reasons I have pointed out. Im not being bad - its just the reality as I see it. I think those who say otherwise are hippocrites.

lolz thats the only part of my post you didn't like?So you agree that you are a right wing conservative monkey with a class complex and are overly interested in money?Sound.

No the first thing you said was I was 'Middle Class' - When I point out to you im definately not 'Middle Class' the rest of your post is irrelevant.

If you must know im not right wing - I would regard myself as slightly right of center.

Yeah but in all fairness there are some just as dodgy looks going around Dublin, them mullet haircuts.....orange fake tan d4s. Just because you don't like how someone looks doesn't really mean you can judge them.

Its not like they are not making themselves easy to judge though - is it?

• Advertisement

No the first thing you said was I was 'Middle Class' - When I point out to you im definately not 'Middle Class' the rest of your post is irrelevant.

If you must know im not right wing - I would regard myself as slightly right of center.

theres more to having a middle class outlook than profession-looking down on others for example.and if you are right of centre that puts you on the right wing;do try to keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

99.9% of Pyjama wearing people represent that portion of society in my book. People can deny it all they want but its the dress code of people who most of us on here probrably dont associate with for reasons I have pointed out. Im not being bad - its just the reality as I see it. I think those who say otherwise are hippocrites.

Now come on 99.9%? I know enough part time outdoor pyjamas wearers to know that is just simply false. I know you're taking pleasure in winding people up but that just takes the biscuit.

Its not like they are not making themselves easy to judge though - is it?
    Did you never hear of not judging a book by its cover but tell ya what, if you want to go on judging people on their apperance and what they wear well thats your own thing really but you should think about what kind of person that makes you, I also wonder considering how much it annoys you if you would say to any of their faces.

theres more to having a middle class outlook than profession-looking down on others for example.and if you are right of centre that puts you on the right wing;do try to keep up.

Im just right of center - and not for the reasons you think. It has nothing to do with the economic standing of individuals. What puts me from my, otherwise, center posistion is on crime. I dont think enough is done to tackle crime in this country. Economically I regard myself left of center. As I already said ive no issue with people on the Dole who need it. Most definatley not. If anything I think they should get more help. Those who dont lift a finger should get less. This would be the view of most people id have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

I've put a bit of thought into this...

At nightime these wimmins wear their good pantsuit/jeans&tshirt etc. while they are doing the stuff we "wouldn't": signing their dole book, identity theft, browsing ebay for bargain pyjamas, smoking the hizah, doing gear, stabbing people, shooting people and so on... their work if you will.

The view the daytime as a recuperation period, much as us "real" people view night time and sleep as recuperation. We wear our jimmy jammys whilst recuperating, so do they?

It makes sense to me.

Advertisement