Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night garages in Waterford

• 21-07-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi, are there any decent late night shops (3-5 AM) where you can get a meal (don't say Tesco!).

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hi, are there any decent late night shops (3-5 AM) where you can get a meal (don't say Tesco!).

Cheers for any info.
    i,m not too sure if they still do food at night but the maxol on the cork road used come in handy when i did night shift when was doin security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Thanks for the reply. Is that the maxol just opposite the RSC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The petrol station on the Dunmore Rd was 24 hours at least, but it's been fair few years since I've stumbled past it at 4 in the morning.

I doubt you'll be getting a meal though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Statoil on Manor St. is often open 24hours, but dont seem to supply any food anymore.

Then you have Maxol which always has some sort of hot food (maybe not a meal though).

Shell is also open but dont supply food and neither do Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Maxol on the Cork Road do hot food 24 hours a day. Don't expect anything spectacular from there though because the vast majority of the food is left simmer for hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who eats fries at 4 am? It'll be a greasy blob!

YUM! :D I have to admit to a certain weakness for food thats stewed all day under hot lights.

Mike.

Lol, from the sig, I'm guessing OP is a garda on late night duty!

Does Istanbul et al stay open til three every night, or just Fri/Sat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So Gardai sat in the area car with coffee and a fry, that just image we want of our protectors! ;)

Mike.

We all have to eat :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

TESCO! lol...

sorry had to,

everyone here has already said it, but yeah maxol is handy and they generally started to cook new stuff again round mid-night, least they used to neway...

• Advertisement

I've been one of the lucky ones on overtime from Dublin to Waterford to watch the travellers. 8 PM to 8 AM shift.

Groggy or what? :)

I didn't mean a full meal, more of a general sandwich/coffee/mars bar or something along those lines.

I removed the image from the sig as it wasn't doing me any favours!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If your a Guard, ask any of the local Guards. They seem to have a special relationship with Statoil and get behind closed doors. They are provided with Tea/Coffee, not sure about food. I dont see them at Maxol much.

I think the guards are a bit to cautious lately. I got pulled over last night on the way back from new ross cause I missed a turn and reversed back to take it (took a back road instead of a main). Couple of questions and he left, I assume thats the end of it. Are you just sitting at the halting site or actually driving around the city?

Actually, isn't that new Centra off the Apple Market open until late? Or was that my imagination?

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Actually, isn't that new Centra off the Apple Market open until late? Or was that my imagination?

Ah yes, forgot about them. But do they serve any food?

I haven't been in there yet, I'd assume so though. Haven't seen a centra without a deli in a long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Are many of ye after getting brought to Waterford for overtime. Me brothers a guard in Castle island. Didnt see him in a a while must tell him to get up here or Ill kick the arse off him lol.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I haven't been in there yet, I'd assume so though. Haven't seen a centra without a deli in a long long time.

I meant did they serve food late at night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

Statoil on cork rd is 24/7-no hot food, Shell on cork rd is 24/7- no hot food, Statoil on Dunmore road is 24hr at wkends, Centra on john st have a deli but close at 1am during d week and 3am at wkends which leaves Maxol on cork rd- hot food,tea&coffee,nice selection and friendly staff- remember after all it is 3am so wat do u expect! as for istanbul-3am during d week,3:30 at wkends.hillbillys go untill bout 4:30 too. hope that helps

Sully wrote: »
    Couple of questions and he left, I assume thats the end of it. Are you just sitting at the halting site or actually driving around the city?

Don't worry Sully, just show your Boards.ie Mod badge and you'll hear no more about your supposed indiscretions. :)

I was on checkpoint for a bit and then some driving between the danger zones. Long nights

Don't worry Sully, just show your Boards.ie Mod badge and you'll hear no more about your supposed indiscretions. :)

I was on checkpoint for a bit and then some driving between the danger zones. Long nights

All done and dusted now I assume? No checkpoints last night from what I saw, didnt see much Guarda activity about last nite.

I wonder how this looked to tourists coming into Waterford to being stopped or greated by armed Guards as they came into the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Centra stays open until 3 a.m., the deli closes at 8 p.m. ish but they still have bread, rolls and blaa's there til all hours so you could make up something yourself if your feeling brave !

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Centra stays open until 3 a.m., the deli closes at 8 p.m. ish but they still have bread, rolls and blaa's there til all hours so you could make up something yourself if your feeling brave !

Looked closed tonight, only a short time ago I drove by it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The one on the quay closes at 11, the one in town stays open until 3 ?

Advertisement