Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault rip off?????

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Does any one here think that this is an excessive price for Timing belt change on an 02 Laguna..............Main Dealer €680.00??????

Now another question, I insisted on the timing belt changed (at 32000 miles) before I bought the car and the dealer now said that it needs to be changed again at 75000miles.Does this seem a bit soon for this job? as the manual states 75000miles for first change.........

Not looking for a renault bashing but just some advice please......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

€680 for a timing belt change is normal for a franchised dealer I think VAG dealer change something similar. Somebodys got to pay for the nice glass fronted building. Another question is why are taking 02 Laguna to a dealer to this kind of work - it well outside warranty go to independant and make sure the independent uses genuine Renault timing belt kit..it will be way cheaper.

Not sure about the setup on Renault but on some cars the water pump is changed at the same time as the belt was this done at 32k. If the whole job was done at 32k miles I would imagine the next change would be 106k. I would challenge the dealer on this one.

Advertisement