Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Taylor Trade - Who's better off?

• 21-07-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Jason Taylor was traded from the Dolphins to the Redskins for a 2nd round pick in 2009 and a 6th rounder in 2010.

Who do you think is better off?

I believe both are better off. Jason Taylor is an excellent player and will be for this season and the next. I believe a second round pick is a good price to pay for a playoff calibre team. There are a couple of negatives from this trade for the Redskins. 1. Taylor was considering retiring at the end of the season to dance (might have only being saying that to get out of Miami. 2. He has a heavy cap hit for a 34 year old player, even bigger when he hits 35.

While I believe it’s even better for Miami. A second round pick for a disgruntled star that would have been wasting his time at Miami for the next few years as they rebuild. A second round pick is excellent value when you compare it to the 4th round pick the Patriots traded for Moss last year.

Who better off? 6 votes

Both
    0% 0 votes
    Neither
    66% 4 votes
    Good for Miami, Bad for Washington
    0% 0 votes
    Bad for Miami, Good for Washington
    33% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think its good for both of them.Taylor has been a fantastic servant to Miami but they are rebuilding now and a 2nd round pick is good for them.Redskins get a quality player to help them out after their injuries and if they get 2 years out of him,it'll be good

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

I think the Dolphins came out the better of this one.

Taylor is nearing the end of the road so for a Dolphins team in the process of rebuilding they did well to off-load him for good draft round picks.

Be interesting to see how Taylor fits in with the Skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It will help the Redskins have their best front four since the 80's as it is rumored over here that they are going to bring in another high profile end in the next week or so.

It makes sense for both teams:

- The Redskins are a playoff team looking to compete for a championship so bringing a short - term stud to put them over the top as merit;
    - The Dolphins are starting a bottom up rebuilding process where they will focus on youth and developing talents with loads of upside. They won't be in the playoffs before Taylor retires in all likelihood - so it makes sense to get extra draft picks; clear out a fading leader; and clear cap room;

It's all part of the revolving merry go round of the free agency era. In three years time Miami will be playoff contenders with a relatively young roster with plenty of cap room. Their fans will be optimistic. Meanwhile Washington will probably have a losing season and have to clear out dead wood at the end of it, reduce the cap number and face into an uncertain rebuilding period. Their fans will be downbeat. Rinse, repeat - everyone gets some time in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think it was a mistake to let a player like that go.
    He was the leader of that team and he'll be missed in the locker room.

Advertisement