Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF? weird.

• 21-07-2008 5:23pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I put on Gears of War. The dashboard was on at the time.
    This message popped up: Please play on an Xbox 360 console.
    IMAG0095.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

The beginning of the end im afraid. Only used to happen to me once every few weeks.... and then it got worse.The laser gets buggered. I had to ship of mine to Germany to get it fixed last November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yup, beginning of the end.

DVD drive is goosed. Mine went the same way as FreeOscars. Used to happen every few weeks but then got to the stage where I'd have to open/close the drive 20+times before the game booted.

Off to Germany with it!

The sticky for 3RRoD at the top should have all the info you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

It happened to me too!!!You'll just have to ship it off to get it fixed!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, i've just started getting that in the last few days ago as well. And its only with Assasins Creed, which i bought a few days ago. All my other games work fine. Since this isnt a RRoD, does that mean that i will have to pay to get this fixed? It better ****ing not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Kiith wrote: »
    Ok, i've just started getting that in the last few days ago as well. And its only with Assasins Creed, which i bought a few days ago. All my other games work fine. Since this isnt a RRoD, does that mean that i will have to pay to get this fixed? It better ****ing not.

It only happened with my Assassins Creed copy too. It was preowned and fairly scratched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Happened to mine too and then it died!
    If it keeps happening and you don't get three rings you should maybe "help it" get three rings if you know what I mean.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Im getting it quite a lot too. I think I will upgrade to an Elite soon enough before it goes completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

bucks73 wrote: »
    Im getting it quite a lot too. I think I will upgrade to an Elite soon enough before it goes completely.

That's what I'm thinking, mines a launch console and is probably well out of warranty. I know they've extended the warranty but don't think launch consoles fall into that area.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've had that happen on occasion as well with a couple of game discs ages ago and my machine has not died yet. Just sometimes it decides it's not quite in the mood for playing games straight away and I just reboot it and it plays away perfectly fine again.

The most trouble I had was with Dirt, think it came up with that error a few times but only for that game and then I would also have the game crash once I was playing the later levels. Pretty much everything else works fine though, it does not definately mean that the xbox is about to burst into flames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah I eventually get them to work but sometimes it can take 8 or 9 times of opening and closing the drawer or restarting the console a few times. Happens with any game old or new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

maybe it might be handier for some of ye to buy a new drive and change the key on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

weeder wrote: »
    maybe it might be handier for some of ye to buy a new drive and change the key on it?

How is that handier exactly? 99% of people don't have the foggiest idea how to do that and i'd say there is a fair chance of console brickage or being booted from live with that method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i was thinking it for people who had some idea and were out of warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I get that but only with table tennis and the disc is fine!

Advertisement