Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new PC from komplett

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Also have a look at dabs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

They're kits which you will be required to put together yourself. If you;re into that idea, www.hardwareverand.de without a doubt is the best value.

If you want them to build it I think they do that too for a nominal fee - if you want to go with Komplett you'll have to use their PC builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    They're kits which you will be required to put together yourself. If you;re into that idea, www.hardwareverand.de without a doubt is the best value.

If you want them to build it I think they do that too for a nominal fee - if you want to go with Komplett you'll have to use their PC builder.

I could put it together myself but i presumed the ones on komplett were put together by komplett, anyway thanks for the link i'll take a looksie

Shiny wrote: »
    Also have a look at dabs.ie

Thanking you

That site seems to be up for sale :pac:

• Advertisement

by other sites i sort of mean a site where i can pick and choose what i want in the PC just like komplett, i don't know what goes with what so i'd prefer if the site could tell me what my options are, just like komplett ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

That site seems to be up for sale :pac:

The correct site is http://www.hardwareversand.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Don't mean to stray, but the link for PC's on Komplett.ie is http://www.komplett.ie/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306

The PC kits are components you can choose from the configuration and build at home yourself.

McKomplett wrote: »
    Don't mean to stray, but the link for PC's on Komplett.ie is http://www.komplett.ie/k/cc.aspx?bn=10306

The PC kits are components you can choose from the configuration and build at home yourself.

OK i thought komplett built them for you but either way it doesn't matter, i could put it together myself. But if i tried to buy everything separate i wouldn't have a clue what is compatible with what :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

OK i thought komplett built them for you but either way it doesn't matter, i could put it together myself. But if i tried to buy everything separate i wouldn't have a clue what is compatible with what :o

The PC Configurator on Hardwareversand will only allow you to pick compatible parts and they'll knock it together for €20. Only problem is payment, you'll need to do an international bank transfer rather than credit card so the payment takes 3-4 days to go through.

• Advertisement

Arabel wrote: »
    The PC Configurator on Hardwareversand will only allow you to pick compatible parts and they'll knock it together for €20. Only problem is payment, you'll need to do an international bank transfer rather than credit card so the payment takes 3-4 days to go through.

plus its all in german :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

plus its all in german :o

Click to change it to english on the right hand side of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Komplett cant touch them.

k57t0yhnj4d5lj3zm1sf_thumb.jpg

Serious power for under €600 delivered

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Click to change it to english on the right hand side of the page

thanks, but it just seems so much easier on komplett i don't have that much, they give me a full PC and let me choose what i want

thanks, but it just seems so much easier on komplett i don't have that much, they give me a full PC and let me choose what i want

That's your choice.

It's your money ;) Seems like a very silly reason to waste it though.

That's your choice.

It's your money ;) Seems like a very silly reason to waste it though.

I just don't know what to pick out from that site, and i don't know how to find out if sh1t is compatible or not, also if anything goes wrong with something doesn't komplett have an Ireland base i could call into, instead of posting something :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I just don't know what to pick out from that site, and i don't know how to find out if sh1t is compatible or not, also if anything goes wrong with something doesn't komplett have an Ireland base i could call into, instead of posting something :confused:

Nope, all returns have to go to their netherlands base. Ive a motherboard RMA with them thats been going on almost 2 months now !

But they will be opening a base here in dublin in early - late september !

I just don't know what to pick out from that site, and i don't know how to find out if sh1t is compatible or not

Us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If it's not compatible, then you won't be able to choose it. After you make up a system just take a screenshot and post it up here and any problems will be mentioned.

Arabel wrote: »
    If it's not compatible, then you won't be able to choose it. After you make up a system just take a screenshot and post it up here and any problems will be mentioned.

I might do that, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

try www.elara.ie

there pc builder is pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anti wrote: »
    Nope, all returns have to go to their netherlands base. Ive a motherboard RMA with them thats been going on almost 2 months now !

But they will be opening a base here in dublin in early - late september !

Cool where did you hear that? that would be so handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

kevovek wrote: »
    Cool where did you hear that? that would be so handy!

Here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56630497&postcount=164

glomar wrote: »
    try www.elara.ie

there pc builder is pretty cool

seems way more expensive than komplett :o

I think i've roughly decided what i want, feel free to let me know if i should change anything???

th_32395_Frame_0_1_123_1099lo.jpg

That would come to €520 including postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

I think i've roughly decided what i want, feel free to let me know if i should change anything???

th_32395_Frame_0_1_123_1099lo.jpg

That would come to €520 including postage

change the gfx card if you actually want to game.

a radeon 4850 would fit the bill nicely without breaking the bank.

uberpixie wrote: »
    change the gfx card if you actually want to game.

a radeon 4850 would fit the bill nicely without breaking the bank.

I don't really play games, do you think the graphics card i have will run GTA once it comes out on the PC?

Also these are the only options it gives me:

th_68014_Animation1_1_123_407lo.jpg

the graphics card i choose in the first pic above, would it be good enough to run all games just they wouldn't look as good, or is it the better the card the smoother the game runs? i'm a total noob when it comes to graphics cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hey Irish,

What is your budget? I am planing to sell my cooler mast rig need movie for travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

The 8500GT is a piece of ****, slower than quite a few 2 or 3 year old graphics cards, its utterly rubbish, but if you dont game then its alright

However..

If you want to game a bit plus play GTA when it comes out.. go for..

Nvidia
    8800GS (about 80 to 90 euros)
    or
    9600GT (a little more)
    or
    a cheap 8800GT (maybe 140ish, only the 512 mb version)

or Radeon/ATI
    3850 minimum,
    4850 recommended

Pay VERY VERY close attention to the number of the graphics card, I mean 2 8500GTs are a hell of a lot slower than just one 8800GS. You can find this info online in reviews, comparisons, etc.

If you don't wanna game then that PC is okay..

Otherwise the PC is okay, a little expensive, but alright.

Advertisement