Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new PC from komplett

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Hey Irish,

What is your budget? I am planing to sell my cooler mast rig need movie for travelling.

about €500 but i'm only looking to buy something new, sorry mate

thanks for the advice, also you say its a little expensive, where do you think will be cheaper?
    jonny72 wrote: »
    The 8500GT is a piece of ****, slower than quite a few 2 or 3 year old graphics cards, its utterly rubbish, but if you dont game then its alright

However..

If you want to game a bit plus play GTA when it comes out.. go for..

Nvidia
    8800GS (about 80 to 90 euros)
    or
    9600GT (a little more)
    or
    a cheap 8800GT (maybe 140ish, only the 512 mb version)

or Radeon/ATI
    3850 minimum,
    4850 recommended

Pay VERY VERY close attention to the number of the graphics card, I mean 2 8500GTs are a hell of a lot slower than just one 8800GS. You can find this info online in reviews, comparisons, etc.

If you don't wanna game then that PC is okay..

Otherwise the PC is okay, a little expensive, but alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

On www.hardwareversand.de this komplett upgrade you want PC comes to about 340 euros.
    So thats quite a bit cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Intel-Core-2-Quad-GeForce-8800GT-512-4GB-RAM-800MHz_W0QQitemZ150273727390QQihZ005QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

is good.

Or go to their main site..

www.ankermann-pc.com

Go to intel offers..

and look at the top 2 (e329 and e449 respectively, the rest are older models)

The 329 won't run games but is nice and perfect media/internet etc pc, all you have to do is add a graphics to it later when you get GTA and it will be very fast (if you dont buy a rubbish graphics card)

The 449 is a lovely machine, very fast dual core, 4 gigs of ram all you need for vista, huge and fast 750 gig drive (samsungs are the best) half decent motherboard, and an alright graphics card, you'd be able to play most games on medium settings..

With either of those all you have to do is add a 120 euro graphics card and you've got a very fast little machine..

The one for 499 on ebay already has a very good graphics card, the 8800GT.

Its just up to you, play it safe, pay more, stick with Ireland.

Pay less, but perhaps more risky, go german (although all pc's have been fine in my experience, getting them to install software on it generally means it will run as soon as it arrives)

If all this is too confusing, just stick with a dell, but honestly, that komplett PC you're looking at is pretty bad, I mean.. that processor... its a 40 euro processor.. if you wanna know more just do a bit of research, read reviews, have a look at the graphics cards charts on tomshardware to get a rough idea, etc.

My head is mashed trying to decide what to do

Would the new aldi PC be better value than the komplett one i had chosen?

th_32395_Frame_0_1_123_1099lo.jpg

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_6577.htm

Also people keep posting http://www.hardwareversand.de/ and i can see they're cheaper, but i only just found the PC builder on the site so i'll have to check that now

On www.hardwareversand.de this komplett upgrade you want PC comes to about 340 euros.
    So thats quite a bit cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Intel-Core-2-Quad-GeForce-8800GT-512-4GB-RAM-800MHz_W0QQitemZ150273727390QQihZ005QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

is good.

www.ankermann-pc.com

Go to intel offers..

The 329 won't run games but is nice and perfect media/internet etc pc, all you have to do is add a graphics to it later when you get GTA and it will be very fast (if you dont buy a rubbish graphics card)

The 449 is a lovely machine, very fast dual core, 4 gigs of ram all you need for vista, huge and fast 750 gig drive (samsungs are the best) half decent motherboard, and an alright graphics card, you'd be able to play most games on medium settings..

With either of those all you have to do is add a 120 euro graphics card and you've got a very fast little machine..

Pay less, but perhaps more risky, go german (although all pc's have been fine in my experience, getting them to install software on it generally means it will run as soon as it arrives)

If all this is too confusing, just stick with a dell, but honestly, that komplett PC you're looking at is pretty bad, I mean.. that processor... its a 40 euro processor.. if you wanna know more just do a bit of research, read reviews, have a look at the graphics cards charts on tomshardware to get a rough idea, etc.

Thanks mate, everyone is saying the komplett PC is a bit expensive so the search goes on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

That Aldi PC is okay..

It would arrive and just be working out of the box.. which is good..

I think if you don't know much about PCs err on the side of caution and just get a solid machine that works..

It has 3 gig ram, fine
    500 gig drive, fine
    Quad Core processor, fine
    Basic graphics cards for a bit of gaming, and if GTA comes out next you can amways buy a card for 100 euros and it will run fine
    Lots of software and ready to go, fine

All these ankermann and hardversand PCs are cheaper but they come so barebone and require setting up installing etc..

Most of the guys here like to squeeze every bit of power possible out of their PC, but to be honest a Quadcore PC with 3 gig of ram is more than enough power for everything you can think of (besides maybe hardcore gaming)

Where a site like hardwareversand might come in handy later on is perhaps for a more powerful graphics card and a cheap external 500 gig drive, they'll be 50 euros by the time you need one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

www.ankermann-pc.com

Go to intel offers..

I've bought from Ankermann before about 2 years ago, they are reliable and shipped in about 3 working days with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Late I knw, but whatever you do do NOT buy your Komplett spec, it's frankly horriffic. AMD's offering is pathetic these days, that PSU is not reputable so to speak and the 8500GT as has been mentioned is useless at a stretch. It's way too expensive also.

Configure a dell or buy the aldi offering sooner than consider that, please :)

I don't mean this to sound harsh by the way, just informative. What exactly do you want to be able to do with your PC? For example the €500 HWV build in the sticky on this forum is a very good value build if you want to do some medium gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Lidl pc is very nice, its pretty good value for all you get.

When you start to play games on it, take out the 9500gs and replace it with a passively cooled ( very quiet ) graphics card like 9600gt or HD4850.

Power supply in the Aldi should just about cope with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

All these ankermann and hardversand PCs are cheaper but they come so barebone and require setting up installing etc..

Could you elaborate a bit on this? Having gone through the thread the idea of a new machine for so little has me more than a little tempted. Built a fair few machines in my time but last one was a few years ago and would need to brush up. The lazy pre-built custom with an OS installed is pretty appealing. Wouldn't be bothering with overclocking or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Ankermann don't come with an operating system by default you have to install your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Ah that's not so bad so. Easy enough to do, thought I might have to start fiddling around with voltage and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Komplett will build the pc for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I've been looking at a dell until i found this thread, I didnt know komplett done this . Heres something i threw together but couple of things i'm not sure about.

KOMPLETT™ Gamer i-20 Black

Article number: 325744
    NZXT ALPHA Black w/Window side panel,
    Corsair Powersupply 550W Bulk, black,
    Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R, P35, Socket-775,
    Intel Core™ 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz, Socket
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB
    EVGA GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3, SSC,
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2
    Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-7200A,
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
    PC box
    Card reader 51-in-1 black, 3½ internal
    Stock status: 1 stocked
    €845

I know nothing about motherboards or overclocking so i'm just looking for a decent pc that will run Football manager quickly and a few other games and internet surfing and downloadoing.

If i dont select a sound card does that mean there will be No sound at all???? And would the 3.ghz e8400 processer be better than the 2.4ghz quad for my use?

Thanks.

Advertisement