Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McCanns cleared in Madeline case

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

And to add; neither would have been touched by the media if they were chavs from Manchester (ala jeremy kyle guests) except to expose them for been neglectful chavs from Manchester.

Not always true.

Sky gave the Shannon Matthews case a good bit of coverage (albeit no where near the same as maddie). And it really paid off for them too since the 'abduction' was a scam and the boyfriend was a bid of a pedo. But they still dedicated miles of 'breaking news' banner to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Namesco wrote: »

I cant believe there's a Wiki page ley alone a "syndrome"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

The leaked Final Report,

Download it from here,

http://www.speedyshare.com/418917822.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Arabel wrote: »
    Not always true.

Sky gave the Shannon Matthews case a good bit of coverage (albeit no where near the same as maddie). And it really paid off for them too since the 'abduction' was a scam and the boyfriend was a bid of a pedo. But they still dedicated miles of 'breaking news' banner to her.

Her mother is being charged with neglect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Stekelly wrote: »
    Her mother is being charged with neglect.

Yes, because it was a scam. I was replying to a poster who said if the McCann's were working class then they wouldn't have had any media coverage. But the Shannon Matthews case shows that a 'chavvy' family can and does get coverage in an apparently similar situation. I wasn't saying that both familys were treated equally or that the McCanns should/shouldn't be charged with neglect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Arabel wrote: »
    Yes, because it was a scam. I was replying to a poster who said if the McCann's were working class then they wouldn't have had any media coverage. But the Shannon Matthews case shows that a 'chavvy' family can and does get coverage in an apparently similar situation. I wasn't saying that both familys were treated equally or that the McCanns should/shouldn't be charged with neglect.

Fair nuff.There are other charges along with neglect to deal with the scam issues. I dont see why the McCanns should be any less culpable. A the end of the day what they did is a fairly dictionary worthy description of neglect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Some translations of the Book written by the Inspector who got taken off the case,

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Advertisement