Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring Old Floorboards

Options
  • 21-07-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was looking to help set my brother up in business and main idea I had was for restoring floorboards in houses. We got it done a few weeks back and paid €400 for a few hrs work mainly as the fella had spanking brand new equipment which cleaned it up in no time and then afterwards just needed varnished. Does anyone know how much this equipment costs? I was guessing around €3000. I know you can buy sanders etc in likes of Atlantic but im talking about the good industrial ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Professional belt and drum sanders for floors can range from $3000-7000 US...I'm sure the euro price would be equivalent. I have no idea where you'd go about buying industrial sanders here...maybe some of the hire shops would be a good source of info, or you could possibly pick one up 2nd hand.
    TBH though, whilst it may look like a license to print money, it's a tough job and it's easy to make a complete balls of it if you're not used to using one...saw a guy turn an ash ballroom floor into what resembled a racetrack for snomobiles in a matter of hours...it wasn't till it was lacquered that it showed up and by then it was too late...all had to be completely re-done. On something like a reclaimed/antique floor that could land you in a lot of bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Wertz wrote: »
    Professional belt and drum sanders for floors can range from $3000-7000 US...I'm sure the euro price would be equivalent. I have no idea where you'd go about buying industrial sanders here...maybe some of the hire shops would be a good source of info, or you could possibly pick one up 2nd hand.
    TBH though, whilst it may look like a license to print money, it's a tough job and it's easy to make a complete balls of it if you're not used to using one...saw a guy turn an ash ballroom floor into what resembled a racetrack for snomobiles in a matter of hours...it wasn't till it was lacquered that it showed up and by then it was too late...all had to be completely re-done. On something like a reclaimed/antique floor that could land you in a lot of bother.

Cheers mate.. ive taken on board all that you have said

Advertisement