Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE website trouble

Options
  • 21-07-2008 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm posting in right forum here, if not feel free to move...

I'm having trouble watching streaming content on RTE.ie, each time I click to watch something I get the following message:

false 203351888 26678681

Anyone in the same boat? It worked fine up until a few days ago. I downloaded the up to date Real player, but nothing doing. I've tried in Firefox and IE. I'm abroad but have always been able to access the online content (news, sport reports etc.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i might be wrong but afaik you can only access that service if you have a irish ip, similarly you can only access the bbc live content if your from the uk. I no your abroad but they only block the streaming.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

nuxxx wrote: »
    i might be wrong but afaik you can only access that service if you have a irish ip, similarly you can only access the bbc live content if your from the uk. I no your abroad but they only block the streaming.

hope this helps
    Yeah I know there's certain things that you can only access if you've an Irish IP address - live GAA matches etc, but I'm talking about watching reports (not live) from the Six-One news, for example. It's always been possible but I tried watching something there over the weekend and that error message popped up and it's been the same ever since :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ensure you have RealPlayer up to date, might be worth reinstalling it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

Yea, I had the same problem over the weekend using a PC that always worked with rte just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Same here in Sydney.
    Trick is, after clicking the clip, click the play clip again and it'll come up.

It's good because you don't have to watch the ads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Do you have peerguardian installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

download latest version of flash ,and realplayer free version.uninstall old realplayer first,reboot pc,its an awkard website ,it expects the lastest software installed on your pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Emerson wrote: »
    Same here in Sydney.
    Trick is, after clicking the clip, click the play clip again and it'll come up.

It's good because you don't have to watch the ads!
    Yes discovered this little trick late last night - in the pop up window if I click on one of the links on the right-hand side, they play ok. :)

Am I the only one who despises Real Player? It's like, so 1995...

Advertisement