Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceilidh in Killarney

Options
  • 21-07-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi there, i'm travelling to Killarney for a camping holiday in Fossa for a week in August, 20th = 27th to be precise... I was wondering if there were any places in or around Killarney that would have like dinner or pub grub and a full on Ceilidh with audience participation in the area.... The group coming with me are from the UK and wanna find their Irish roots badly... and I am suggesting a Ceilidh to kick things off... other part of group are south african... can anyone help? cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

no mate no ceili planned for Killarney...it's been a few years since their was one in killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lovebug

that's a pity, even if there was a pub etc that did a trad irish night?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

you're almost spolit for choice with pubs that have trad music even mid-week but it really is just sit and listen and sing ... no dance sessions unfotunately.

- Danny Mann (New Street)
    - O'Connors (high street)
    - O'Donoghues (College Street)
    - Tatler Jack's (Plunkett Street)

to name but an few ... hope this helps.

Most bars in Killarney will have music of this genre

Advertisement