Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

I lived in Croftwood, just 30 seconds from the station. It was burned down, and badly damaged by fire a 2nd time shortly after being built. It then went unused for some time before being refitted. Yes, it has been fine for a good few years now without problems. I've lived in 3 different streets in Ballyfermot over the last 18 years (Cloiginn & Drumfinn being the others). Since Ballyfermot, I've lived in Drumcondra and Castleknock which I can use as a comparison. I also travel to a great deal of europeon cities as part of my job. Ballyfermot is by far the worse area I've ever been to.

In Ballyfermot, I've been assaulted, mugged, threatened, harrassed for simply walking past some teens, and eventually forced to move due to the constant fear everytime I went outside the door. Yes, there are good people there. I have friends still from the area. But, it has a high percentage of scumbags than most other areas. It is a relatively dangerous place to live.
    would you cop on ...you must go along slagging everyone you walk by and also if its the worst place you have ever being thats probaly because you have never being anywere else!!!:Dlike i said how often is ballyfermot on the news????never correct!
    some people just have bad views of areas...also just to correct cherry orchard station was not burned down for along time as im sure most normal people know because i use it everyday for the last 4 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

dubman25 wrote: »
    i said how often is ballyfermot on the news????never correct!

2 days ago. :o Someone was shot outside Cedarbrook apartments on Tues at 9.30am

2 days ago. :o Someone was shot outside Cedarbrook apartments on Tues at 9.30am
    listen i dont know what your problem is but you should go see a doctor:Ddidnt see or hear about that now!there is shootings everywere and drugs everywere nowadays but i can tell you ballyfermot is a lovely place compared to other parts of the country!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

listen i dont know what your problem is but you should go see a doctor:Ddidnt see or hear about that now!there is shootings everywere and drugs everywere nowadays but i can tell you ballyfermot is a lovely place compared to other parts of the country!;)

Your very aggressive, where are you from?.

does it matter!:eek:my problem is that everywere has problems including castleknock and marino they have drugs also.So people cannot say ballyfermot is the worst place if they havent being everywere else!As i said before ballyfermot has great shops,public transport,friendly people and a great place to have a pint;)also great TDs in the area,also alot of new building going on...finally a completly new train station that was made for parkwest and ballyfermot given great access to the area and city centre so cannot complain about the area!:cool:

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    Moving from Marino to Ballyfermot is going to be traumatic, Ballyfermot is Beirut without the UN there to protect you ;)

Its a horrible sh*thole.
    obvisiously a complete ars*hole that has a big mouth!:D
    so were are you from and we can tell if you live in such a nice place????

obvisiously a complete ars*hole that has a big mouth

Reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OP: renting means you are completely flexible in where you live. No sense living somewhere where there might be a chance of hassle.

Why not try Kilmainham or Drimnagh? Not so far from Ballyer, but quieter and still convenient for town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

I have first hand expierince of Ballyfermot.I wouldn't recommend anyone to move there.Best left to the council house people.They know the lay of the land and can survive there.

berliner wrote: »
    Best left to the council house people..

Let them eat cake eh?

• Advertisement

so were are you "people" from???
    i asked a few times and nobody says so must be worse maybe finglas or something:D

Reported.
    i just seen a rat did you...:D

does it matter!:eek:my problem is that everywere has problems including castleknock and marino they have drugs also.So people cannot say ballyfermot is the worst place if they havent being everywere else!As i said before ballyfermot has great shops,public transport,friendly people and a great place to have a pint;)also great TDs in the area,also alot of new building going on...finally a completly new train station that was made for parkwest and ballyfermot given great access to the area and city centre so cannot complain about the area!:cool:
    read this again op!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Jesus, we all get that you're from Ballyfermot and have a chip on your shoulder about it, would you just let it be now?

so were are you "people" from???

From somewhere rougher than ballyer anyway.

Not that I feel the need to go on about it or defend the bad things about it. The guy wants honest info and he seems to be getting it. You need to wind your head in, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

dubman25 says no one said where we are from which is bull because i said clearly i was from Palmerstown and grew up with a field in between me and Ballyer, i also hung around with Ballyfermot people.
    I believe someone else mentioned they also grew up in the area, there is no conspiracy here.
    Unless of course dubman25 (this is a joke by the way) is promoting Ballyer with the lofty goal of getting fresh meat in the area to intimidate as the locals tend to react negatively to that sort of thing.

Saruman wrote: »
    dubman25 says no one said where we are from which is bull because i said clearly i was from Palmerstown and grew up with a field in between me and Ballyer, i also hung around with Ballyfermot people.
    I believe someone else mentioned they also grew up in the area, there is no conspiracy here.
    Unless of course dubman25 (this is a joke by the way) is promoting Ballyer with the lofty goal of getting fresh meat in the area to intimidate as the locals tend to react negatively to that sort of thing.
    I aint defending the area all im saying is that there are areas alot worse than ballyfermot and it is no way as bad as some people make it out to be!It also has some of the top TDs in the country living in ballyfermot so it couldnt be that bad:Djust to point you straight saruman,palmerstown and ballyfermot are different areas as im sure you are aware!like the way palmerstown would have its own problems.:eek:
    op...you should go around ballyfermot do proper research on the area and get a view from all the lovely people in the area from different sites!;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

There might be worse areas than Ballyfermot, but you can be damn sure there are plenty of nicer ones.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I agree Dubman, there are much worse areas than Ballyer.. Neilstown is a prime example... bus service was recently stopped because of attacks and now 2 Gardai are on the busses to protect them.

Parts of Finglas and Ballymun, Even parts of Bray.

And yes i know Palmerstwon is not Ballyfermot since im from there :D my point is a spent a lot of time in Ballyfermot so i know the area and the people, well i knew it how it was when i was growing up in the 80's / 90's. I left in 2005 and Ballyer was quieter than when i was growing up.

I personally would never move to Ballyfermot, then again i know people who love the place so its all down to the type of person you are i guess.

Saruman wrote: »
    I agree Dubman, there are much worse areas than Ballyer.. Neilstown is a prime example... bus service was recently stopped because of attacks and now 2 Gardai are on the busses to protect them.

Parts of Finglas and Ballymun, Even parts of Bray.

And yes i know Palmerstwon is not Ballyfermot since im from there :D my point is a spent a lot of time in Ballyfermot so i know the area and the people, well i knew it how it was when i was growing up in the 80's / 90's. I left in 2005 and Ballyer was quieter than when i was growing up.

I personally would never move to Ballyfermot, then again i know people who love the place so its all down to the type of person you are i guess.
    2 gardai on the buses...strange because i drive the 78a and there are know gardai on it..were did you think of that comment because it is completely wrong?????:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Phlann wrote: »
    There might be worse areas than Ballyfermot, but you can be damn sure there are plenty of nicer ones.

Avoid.
    you swear it was as bad as finglas the way some of these go on :D

but then again if you have a chip on your shoulder what do you expect!!:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

dubman25 will not be able to reply for about 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dub13 wrote: »

Cool. Trolls need vacations every now and again. I was going to reply to his last response to me, but looking back over his posts it's clear that he is just trying to provoke people.

To the OP, the majority of people in this thread have made their opinion known....avoid Ballyfermot. There are good parts, and good people, but there is just too much scum in the area. Others areas have problems, and some are indeed perhaps worse, but you do better than Ballyfermot.

Best of luck to you regardless of where you move to.

Good, anyone else get a threatening message from him?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Someone got shot in the head while in his shed at 4 in the morning last night in Ballyfermot.
    What was he doing alone in a shed at 4 in the morning?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good, anyone else get a threatening message from him?.

If it was bad you should report it to a Smod.

If it was bad you should report it to a Smod.

Nah, the guy is just being a muppet.

Wants to meet me in training apparently :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was in Ballyfermot once - for an interview at the college. Sh1tted myself. Not because of preconceived notions - I know better than to make assumptions based on a handful of media reports, and initially I thought the place looked nice and I actually wondered what all the fuss was about. The college is fantastic and I really hoped I'd get a place there. Anyway, after my interview, I went down to the main street to get the bus to Heuston. The plethora of scumbags and junkies frightened the crap out of me. Several times, people came up to me asking for money - one of them a strung-out young girl of about 16. It was really intimidating.

That's not your run-of-the-mill main street, to be fair. I do realise though, it's a big place and there's no doubt plenty of all right parts, but if you're not from there, how are you supposed to know where the safer spots are? Those who grew up there are bound to say it's not bad - maybe they should look at it from the perspective of someone who's new to the area though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Dudess wrote: »
    I was in Ballyfermot once - for an interview at the college. Sh1tted myself. Not because of preconceived notions - I know better than to make assumptions based on a handful of media reports, and initially I thought the place looked nice and I actually wondered what all the fuss was about. The college is fantastic and I really hoped I'd get a place there. Anyway, after my interview, I went down to the main street to get the bus to Heuston. The plethora of scumbags and junkies frightened the crap out of me. Several times, people came up to me asking for money - one of them a strung-out young girl of about 16. It was really intimidating.

That's not your run-of-the-mill main street, to be fair. I do realise though, it's a big place and there's no doubt plenty of all right parts, but if you're not from there, how are you supposed to know where the safer spots are? Those who grew up there are bound to say it's not bad - maybe they should look at it from the perspective of someone who's new to the area though.

Here you must have been at the back of the 78A bus hanging with the lad/gals doing drugs- keep yourself 2 urself and you will be grand. I really liked Ballyfermot (and I am not from there) having when to college there for 3 year- I never once had a problem!!! thats a FACT - here, you could be outside on the street at 3am and someone might come up asking you for money! Get a grip man....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement