Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam Sandler is coming to Dublin

Options
  • 21-07-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

ADAM SANDLER and ROB SCHNEIDER are coming to Dublin for the premiere of the new movie 'You Don't Mess With The Zohan next week.

I know Sandler isn't everyone's cup of tea, but his movies do extremely well here.

Tickets for the premiere can be won through www.Movies.ie and also 98fm (or Dublin 98 to use its newbie name)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

ADAM SANDLER and ROB SCHNEIDER are coming to Dublin.....next week.

Thanks for the warning.

Book your tickets out of the country fast folks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If ever there was a chance to shoot one arrow from between the bows of Trinity arches or however that archaic law/urban legend goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"Heh-heh, Rob Schneider was a stapler. Then he was a carrot. And now, Rob Schneider is -- A Leprechaun! And he's about to find out -- that being a Leprechaun -- is harder than it looks! Rob Schneider is -- THE Plastic Paddy! Rated PG-13."

Funsully,I entered the comp yesterday and got the tickets today...so theres prob a chance if you enter now or email the site,you can get tickets..

From experience with my ex who worked there..most premieres in the savoy are exactly the same,stars walk in - sign some stuff,introduce the movie...then pop out the back door of the savoy as soon as it starts,so if you wanna meet the guys or get a photo just hang out at the back door of the cinema,there'll prob be a few photographers at the back aswell.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 funsully

hi BMBM, How did you get the tickets - are they electronc or in post??

I entered via Movies.ie and radio station but have heard nothing back from either so I presume I havent won.

Tks for the reply

Fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Mr.S wrote: »
    i won 2 tickets aswell, Thanks OP!

Same here. Film looks ****e though.

funsully wrote: »
    hi BMBM, How did you get the tickets - are they electronc or in post??

I entered via Movies.ie and radio station but have heard nothing back from either so I presume I havent won.

Tks for the reply

Fun

basically You get an email,telling you were to collect the tickets on the day...just checked the movies.ie website and this was posted about 10 hours ago

"48 pages of questions submitted for our ASK ADAM SANDLER competition (so far), never knew he had so many Irish fans!"

Based on the fact that it says "so far",I'd safely say theres still a few to be given away...stick with it and you might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

So what question would ye ask him if ye got the chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Its not good at all to be honest, might be bearable in a cinema with other people laughing making you laugh without knowing why but otherwise don't bother...

one of the palestinians is the spit of tommy tiernan though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

won tickets myself.

cant wait should be good.

thanks op for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got tickets as well. Hopefully this will be better than Batman in terms of the event (nothing will top batman itsself this summer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Film is very good, very funny and enjoyable, hope you have a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Yawn. Both mediocre comedians pulling the same old routine they were 10 years ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mr.S wrote: »
    well this be anything like a US premier? ie, red carpet style? or is it basically just like a normal film but with a select audience and the slim chance of seeing 2 stars?

I want the whole 9 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've got my tux* ready, heading to this in a few minutes.

* Gentoo

Have to say I liked it. Takes pop shots at everything to do with the middle east. Doesnt take its self serious. A good night was had

Yeah not bad, but there must have been a good few plants in the audience, some of the scenes weren't that funny

Lorraine Keane is cringeworthy though, Adam seemed a bit nervous, but Rob came off as a nice guy :)

It's amazing what a bit of celebrity will do to some people.

A good night, well organised, the film isn't too bad, a few gags, but I had this mix of Borat and Jesus Quintana(Big Lebowski) going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

was a great night!!!

shook adam and robs hand in the bathroom of the place half way through it.

was sitting next to him throught he movie!!!!!!!!!!

sound chap very nice guy him and rob.

very good movie was my third time watching and it was still very funny.

Ahh cmon now, and I thought the gushing for TDK was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

:( i would have loved to been at this. Adam Sandler is my favourite actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Enjoyed night, even if they were only up for few mins.

Was sitting in 3rd row from front, and managed to get bit on video, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ggtvD0mTs

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

sounds like a great night and I do like some sandler movies such as the wedding singer but seriously, her lips must be very sore after that spectacular sucking up....

"and it got me thinking that once in a while there is a comedy movie that is so clever and so brilliant that when its released it kindof, it becomes part of our vernacular where the brilliant lines and the unforgettable phrases just become a part of our everyday life. I'm thinking of spinal tap and the life of brian and the wedding singer."

I mean, come on????

Was at the movie and the after party, the guys are legends. Really down to earth and had plenty of time for people to take pics and have a chat. Excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

bigslick wrote: »
    Enjoyed night, even if they were only up for few mins.

Was sitting in 3rd row from front, and managed to get bit on video, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ggtvD0mTs

Lorraine Keane is a f*cktard.

she would still get it though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I cant stand Lorraine Keane. I dont find her entertaining or informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

ekevosu wrote: »
    sounds like a great night and I do like some sandler movies such as the wedding singer but seriously, her lips must be very sore after that spectacular sucking up....

"and it got me thinking that once in a while there is a comedy movie that is so clever and so brilliant that when its released it kindof, it becomes part of our vernacular where the brilliant lines and the unforgettable phrases just become a part of our everyday life. I'm thinking of spinal tap and the life of brian and the wedding singer."

I mean, come on????

She was terrible. We were all cringing at what she was saying.

I think some people walked out after she compared The Wedding Singer to Spinal Tap and Life of Brian.

She's a tool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

zAbbo wrote: »
    I think some people walked out after she compared The Wedding Singer to Spinal Tap and Life of Brian.

She's a tool

NO WAY!!! What a muppet.

On another note, this clip ended up on youtube. Sandler having a sing song in Dublin last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement