Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Blackrock

Options
  • 21-07-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate your views/experiences. I am moving to a new place in Blackrock in Dublin in a few weeks and I am wondering who do people recommend as a good BB provider in the area.

I tried ringing NTL for a TV & BB package but they dont do BB in the area.
    Who are people using, whats in the area..?

As for my usage, bit of online gaming, warcraft COD4 etc.....occasional SDKs, tutorials, new UNIX OSs downloads

Any information on providers in the area would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

typh00n wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I would appreciate your views/experiences. I am moving to a new place in Blackrock in Dublin in a few weeks and I am wondering who do people recommend as a good BB provider in the area.

I tried ringing NTL for a TV & BB package but they dont do BB in the area.
    Who are people using, whats in the area..?

As for my usage, bit of online gaming, warcraft COD4 etc.....occasional SDKs, tutorials, new UNIX OSs downloads

Any information on providers in the area would be greatly appreciated

I used to live in Blackrock, and I had IrishBroadband Breeze 4mbit, and a Ripwave+.
    Irishbroadband have Breeze Coverage there, and you can get DSL from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 typh00n

hi

Thanks for the update, ill check those guys out

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Don't get ripwave. Pings can vary from 200-3000 ms

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

thats odd about NTL, i used to live in blackrock and i had NTL cable 6mb..... although my postcode was blackrock but i was pyhsically closer to stillorgan so unless thats the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 typh00n

That could be the reason will be giving NTL another call in a bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement