Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam Herald

Options
  • 21-07-2008 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

According to Galway First (so it may or may not be true) the Tuam Herald is for sale for the sum of €10 million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

According to Galway First (so it may or may not be true) the Tuam Herald is for sale for the sum of €10 million

What, a speculative rumour in Galway First that didn't come from boards? :eek:

This is momentous. Its like... watching apes use tools for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Tuam Herald, hardly CNN in terms of news.

I doubt if its worth €10M, looks like someone is trying to give the tail of the Celtic Tiger one last yank. It takes me the sum total of 5 minutes to skip through the 2-3 pages of decent local news, I tend to skip the acres of GAA notes, C&W reviews and bingo details. SWMBO insists on buying it every week of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Its on sale for €8 million euro. I don't know why its on sale but its well known about the town. Once Sky News gives me a call (or Mam as I call her), i'll update... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't think a paper obsessed with minor local Court reports could be bought for a mere 8-10 million..............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭AdamantApproach

More ignorant numbskulls on this thread.

The paper is on sale for 8-10 million euro. INM recently paid 20million for the Sligo champion. This is not a secret.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ah, the Galway media scuttlebutt thrives these days. Problem is, there's such a limited pool of local sailors. What vessel are you crewing these days Kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Mayo for Sam!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest I've heard in a while!!!!!

It's reported in todays Indo that the Herald has actually been sold......YIPPPEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What about this?:

TUAM HERALD NEWSPAPER SOLD TO JOHN TAYLOR'S MEDIA EMPIRE
    Tue 23rd December 2008

The family-owned Tuam Herald newspaper has been sold to John Taylor.

The editor David Burke has confirmed to Galway Bay FM news that he's reached an agreement with the Midland newspaper group at the weekend, and it's now in the hands of the Competition Authority.

Tuam Herald editor David Burke had no comment to make on the figure agreed for the 171 year old family-run newspaper.

He said the 20 or so staff employed would not be affected by the sale.

Mr Burke said it's business as usual for the paper and he will continue as editor.

Mayo for Sam!!!!!!!!! That is the funniest I've heard in a while!!!!!

You weren't in Tuam stadium last Sunday so ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's going to be sold at the next cattle auction right after the Bulls. Will accept cash, cattle or hangsangwedges.

I was in Tuam Stadium and talk about a game of two halves. i dont think either of them will be bringing home Sam this year..............but I'd say the maroon & white will have a longer season than the red and green

I was in Tuam Stadium and talk about a game of two halves. i dont think either of them will be bringing home Sam this year..............but I'd say the maroon & white will have a longer season than the red and green

Hey man, best night I ever had out in Tuam was in '98 when Galway brought Sam back across the Shannon but I digress..... the Tuam Herald is a bit of an institution at this stage and the missus (from Cork btw) insists on buying it every week (and I always end up reading it) so hopefully it might be around for another while.

Advertisement