Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC killing onling gaming

Options
  • 21-07-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Bought GRID a couple of weeks ago after playing the demo,
    however grid uses p2p protocol for online and i had nothing but hassle,cant connect or loose conection within minutes.
    so last night i borrowed an 02 mobile broadband moden from a mate and played for 3 hours continously with no lag or connection issues
    there a a number of others also from upc network on the codemasters forums all with the same issue.
    So if u are a gamer and the game is using the like of damonware servers then u will be out of luck.
    Our only hope is for as many people with issues to email upc and complain.
    they are definatly traffic shaping in the netherlands as far as i an tell.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

i have no problem with cod 4 and that uses p2p, have ya tried forwardin ports that always messes up connections if ports are blocked
    btw i'm with upc aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i have grid and played it online a few times and it played fine for me.

im with upc aswell.

never had a problem playing games online. with the xbox 360 or pc(have played grid on both pc and xbox 360)

not sure but it looks to be an odd problem indeed.

i cant suggest ringing ntl as like all isp they dont really know how to fix problems like these, i'd say you would have more look trying to forward the ports like guil07 said. has to be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No I have the same problem, and if you go to the Grid forums you will see a few other people from Ireland with the problem too, something is up with UPC. I have the same problem with Trackmania Nations. I can connect sometimes, 9 times out of 10 I cannot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

This will by pass any P2P blocking that your ISP may/may not be doing. Download and install and use the settings in the screens below.

Proxycap

th_untitled1.jpg

Your-Freedom

th_untitled2.jpg

Advertisement