Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is a Xbox 360 better then a PS3??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

noodler wrote: »
    Well I dunno. MGS4. Uncharted. Ratchett and Clank. Resistance.
    Versus Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock.

Im sure Im missing some but the way I see it the best games are actually multi platform at the momet. COD4, pro evo/Fifa, Orange Box, Gta4, the incoming Resi5, F3, ff13 etc

Im sure Im missng loads of 360 exclusive games especially.

Yep Gears of War was the big one. I have to disagree though, i think 1rst party published titles tend to be better. That goes for the 360 & PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Oh don't gt me wrong. I know sometimes developers muck up titles because they have divided their attenion between 2 or more systems Im jus saying the suppossed 'triple A' or 'Big Titles' this time around appear to be going on both systems thats all.

Your Resis, FFs, etc. I fuly expect 360 to get MGS4 at some stage.

Hell even when ps2 was doing better then the xbox, the xbox still got MGS2 eventually.

Makes even more sense this time round Id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

bucks73 wrote: »
    So you accept statistics when somebody makes up his own survey and scores it himself and results in: PS3 39 Xbox360 33, but you dont accept the findings of a Neilsen survey. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

When did I call it a survey it was solely his opinion???? That survey seemed a bit dodgy if they could give the right results to the right console and made a half assed attempt to rectify it.I just don't believe in surveys or statistics and I don't understand why that one was brought up in this thread. I didn't ask which console was better, just what were the pros for the Xbox and what Xbox owners like aboot it.

Yeah one year is a huge length of time. :rolleyes:

Well it is if the only difference pple are giving between the consoles are that one has a larger selection of games.

Games need time to be released and are never all going to come out straight with the console; so obviously the Xbox360 being out a year later would have more games available now. Just like saying in a years time the PS3 will have more games available for it then it does now.....

OK Xbox may get 'exclusives' but how many pple does that interest?

I got a new generation console for GTA, games lik Assasins Creed, better graphics, better media options and online gaming (was slightly non-existent on PS2) these exclusives did not interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

360 is better because it can flashed)

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

OK Xbox may get 'exclusives' but how many pple does that interest?

Ehhhh It interests loads of people.

I got a new generation console for GTA, games lik Assasins Creed, better graphics, better media options and online gaming (was slightly non-existent on PS2) these exclusives did not interest me.

Did you but a 7th Gen console for Assasins Creeds amazing gameplay or brilliant story? :pac:

The point is, without 1rst party exclusives there would be no point of two consoles.

• Advertisement

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    The point is, without 1rst party exclusives there would be no point of two consoles.

Don't see how that is the case. Theres more then one console cos well they're different and have different advantages and are made by competing companies OK exclusives may make a console sell more but the point of consoles is not just exclusive games..

( Btw you can seperate my post into seperate quotes so its obvious what part is your new post......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

When did I call it a survey it was solely his opinion???? That survey seemed a bit dodgy if they could give the right results to the right console and made a half assed attempt to rectify it.I just don't believe in surveys or statistics and I don't understand why that one was brought up in this thread. I didn't ask which console was better, just what were the pros for the Xbox and what Xbox owners like aboot it.

I didnt say you called it a survey. Please read my posts correctly. But some guy gives his own view on the subject and awards scores for different things, with the PS3 coming out on top, and you reply with "Good post man the type of insight i was looking for".

When you see a survey regarding the amount of time different consoles are used you dispute them with the reply "Oooooo a SURVEY.... Must be the gospel truth so........". The only reason I posted that link was because someone else stated that they didnt believe the PS3 was used less then the 360.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote:
    Well it is if the only difference pple are giving between the consoles are that one has a larger selection of games.

Not when there is only a few decent PS3 games realeased in a year. Since relaease the PS3 has had 15 million selling titles. The 360 has had 42.

Don't see how that is the case. Theres more then one console cos well they're different and have different advantages and are made by competing companies OK exclusives may make a console sell more but the point of consoles is not just exclusive games..

( Btw you can seperate my post into seperate quotes so its obvious what part is your new post......)

I know its not the biggest point but it is a very large contributing factor. For example I bought a PS3 for Uncharted because I knew I could never get it on my 360. I also cant wait for exclusives like GOW3 and LBP. Im sure some people on this thread have both consoles for that reason aswell.

You have seen everybodies opinion that was arsed to post now and you havnt agreed that much with posters opinions for owning a 360 so can we just close this thread as its just going round in circles.

I know its not the biggest point but it is a very large contributing factor. For example I bought a PS3 for Uncharted because I knew I could never get it on my 360. I also cant wait for exclusives like GOW3 and LBP. Im sure some people on this thread have both consoles for that reason aswell.

You have seen everybodies opinion that was arsed to post now and you havnt agreed that much with posters opinions for owning a 360 so can we just close this thread as its just going round in circles.

Never said I didn't agree with them, everybody is to their own taste. Was only interested.

What I said about his post was that it what i was looking for not that I agreed with him. Yes someone said that a person who owned BOTH consoles would not leave their PS3 gathering dust, they bought it for a reason.

That survey doesn't show that a PS3 is worse or better just more played (as more pple own one so the it was always going to be higher). The amount of times things are used over something else does not make it better.

I don't see why I should close this thread, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who was interested in this topic. What do some pple feel threatened that a sole PS3 owner has crossed the line and gone into a Xbox forum?

Not when there is only a few decent PS3 games realeased in a year. Since relaease the PS3 has had 15 million selling titles. The 360 has had 42.

Don't see how thats an argument against my point? Its true

Congratulations on another statistic by the way, you didn't even bother to reference it.

I can do that too, I blink 1 million times a day Fact!

I'm not looking for statistics just some insight from Xbox users.

• Advertisement

Never said I didn't agree with them, everybody is to their own taste. Was only interested.

What I said about his post was that it what i was looking for not that I agreed with him. Yes someone said that a person who owned BOTH consoles would not leave their PS3 gathering dust, they bought it for a reason.

That survey doesn't show that a PS3 is worse or better just more played (as more pple own one so the it was always going to be higher). The amount of times things are used over something else does not make it better.

I don't see why I should close this thread, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who was interested in this topic. What do some pple feel threatened that a sole PS3 owner has crossed the line and gone into a Xbox forum?

Nobody is threatned here pal, its the Internet and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Post all you want I suppose. Yes people were interested but nearly all points have been raised

Controllers
    Game Libraries
    Sales
    Surveys
    Features
    Functionality
    Reliability.

What else is there to post about? What else do you want to know for an answer to your question?

Don't see how thats an argument against my point? Its true

Congratulations on another statistic by the way, you didn't even bother to reference it.

I can do that too, I blink 1 million times a day Fact!

I'm not looking for statistics just some insight from Xbox users.

Lol...check it up yourself.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php

And as FreeOSCAR says, what else do you want to know? Im off to the Liverpool thread in the footie forum to find out why United are better than them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ I'd expect grief from the Sony fanboys if I had said Xbox 39, PS3 33 not the other around.
    That's the problem with questions like this. The fanboys on both sides immediately start defending their "console" as if they're right and everyone else is wrong. I hate these boys and the PS3/Linux/Apple crowd are the worst by far.
    I posted the scores in my genuine belief that overall the PS3 is the better console depending on what you want do with it. And remember I've owned an Xbox from the very day the original launched to about 4 weeks ago.
    For dedicated gamers the Xbox is better by far due to vast amount of games available to it. Live is no longer an advantage as Sony's version works perfectly with no lag issues plus it's free.
    For overall use I stated the PS3 was the better console due to Blu-ray/ability to use Ubunu/ability to swop HDs as you please etc.

Each area I went through and scored what each one meant to me. So if each person that can't decide which console to go for uses something similiar to this then they should be happy with what choice they've made be it xbox or PS3...you'll never be happy 100% with any purchase (unless you're an Apple fan by which time you're masturbating 10 times daily to the apple logo on whatever you bought off them :))
    By all means go ahead and assign your own scores and we can then add them all up and declare a winner :) as this is going to change anyone's mind. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im neutral, i had a ps2 and xbox the day they both came out, and much much preferred my ps2. I also now have both a 360 and ps3 and much much prefer my 360. Actually I very rarely use my ps3 cept when sony only games come out such as MGS4 etc etc.

IMO the advantages the 360 has over a ps3.
    *better controllers
    *smaller
    *quicker loading (the amount of time MGS4 takes to load is unacceptable)
    *better range of games
    *Console is Cheaper (always has been and probly always will be)
    *Controllers are cheaper
    *can be modded
    *XBL is brilliant, so what if u have to pay a small amount for it, its worth it cos games never get jumpy etc.

Dont get me wrong, I love my PS3 , but everytime I play it I cant help feeling "I dont think this is worth the money I paid for it" I know everyone goes, oh well it has potential,blue ray etc etc, but thats no use to me right now to be honest. Right now its (cheaper) competitors are the 360 and the Wii, and I personally feel its losing the battle against both as I play with and enjoy both consoles far more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Lol...check it up yourself.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php

And as FreeOSCAR says, what else do you want to know? Im off to the Liverpool thread in the footie forum to find out why United are better than them. :D

Interesting site. I find it interesting that GRAW 1 has sold so much more than GRAW 2, especially given what the first one sold, and since I felt GRAW2 was a much more exciting and fun game. Seems to work the other way around normally (eg COD4 > COD3 > COD2 ; GH3 > GH2). With Tom Clancy games, it seems that the first one sells more.

HA! Bit skewed too! Tetris the second best selling GB game of all time? I can't ever remember that game being for sale! It was free with the machine.

It ain't my fault yous haven't persuaded me or made me jealous that I don't own an Xbox....

Its not me thats causing the lack of decent replies from Xbox owners.

I don't if you feel the need to have it closed go ahead. Don't see why you're all so desperate for it though. No less valid then any other thread.

Thanks guys anyway for the replies.

I'll leave to it the Mods.

It ain't my fault yous haven't persuaded me or made me jealous that I don't own an Xbox....

Its not me thats causing the lack of decent replies from Xbox owners.

I don't if you feel the need to have it closed go ahead. Don't see why you're all so desperate for it though. No less valid then any other thread.

Thanks guys anyway for the replies.

I'll leave to it the Mods.

Troooooooooooooooll.

Your welcome Air Aussie. ;)

Slán leat

chrislad wrote: »
    Troooooooooooooooll.

hmmmm think somebody is regretting buying a Xbox LOL. Good luck Free Oscar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

hmmmm think somebody is regretting buying a Xbox LOL.

WTF, how did you figure that?

My word. You are strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just for the crack now we can all go the PS3 forum and ask "Why is a PS3 better than a xbox?"
    Let the flame wars being :eek:

hmmmm think somebody is regretting buying a Xbox LOL. Good luck Free Oscar

Yes, which is why I'm clearly played it so little.

*blink*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

All these arguments for the xbox be summed up as the following:

It just is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thats not actually true. Why do I prefer PS3 then? It is subjective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yes, which is why I'm clearly played it so little.

*blink*

Yeah, I thought that with your crappy gamerscore and stuff! :D:D;)

Yeah, I thought that with your crappy gamerscore and stuff! :D:D;)

Lol. :D

75 Thousand, wow fair play (provided Avatar TBE is not in your games collection) . I thought I was a big achievement whore with 54 thousand but ive been pwned :D.

75 Thousand, wow fair play (provided Avatar TBE is not in your games collection) . I thought I was a big achievement whore with 54 thousand but ive been pwned :D.

It was only 4.99 when I was in Wales! I feel ashamed enough as it is! :)

My little cousins got me a good few points though, in all fairness, with Cars, Open Season etc.

It was only 4.99 when I was in Wales! I feel ashamed enough as it is! :)

My little cousins got me a good few points though, in all fairness, with Cars, Open Season etc.

Sure "Cousins" :pac: .... Dont worry im thinking of getting CSI Hard Evidence this weekend. Kinda liked the PC games a few years ago and its easy points :D

• Advertisement

I got the CSI game for my girlfriend as she loves Vegas and Miami. Pretty dull game, but she enjoyed it so if you're a fan, you'll like it. I think it's just a port of the Hard Evidence PC game though. It's the one with the cases about a rock band electrocuted on stage and the rich black guy (Everett?).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement