Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Pricing - Am I being screwed?

Options
  • 21-07-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I started my NTL broadband contract in early 2006 at €30 per month for a 2Meg connection.

At the moment, thats still what I'm getting / paying.

Looking at their site, why am I not getting 2MB for €20 seen as thats the package on offer now? At this rate Im out of contract so is it a case of ringing and looking to be moved to the new tarriff?

The thoughts of ringing NTL make my skin crawl but to save €10 a month, it'd be worth it.

Sorry if this has already been discussed here before!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

From their website its says existing
    Customers on 2Mb Light, 6Mb Express or 12Mb Ultra will automatically be upgraded to 6Mb, 10Mb and 20Mb respectively. So you should be getting 6Mb now. I got a letter to say this was happening in July

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

try rebootin ur modem and c what speeds ya get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

The 2Mb package should of been €25 a month this has now moved to become 6Mb but the price went to €27.50 . You could "downgrade" to the 3Mb package that €20 a month. Fill out http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/ and it should be done without having to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

DingDong wrote: »
    The 2Mb package should of been €25 a month this has now moved to become 6Mb but the price went to €27.50 . You could "downgrade" to the 3Mb package that €20 a month. Fill out http://www.upc.ie/contact/upgradebroadband/ and it should be done without having to call them.

Theres no option on the form for 2mb customers so I just filled in the one for 1mb - 3mb for €20. Its still better speeds for less money so if I get that I'm laughin.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement