Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Architect recommendation

• 21-07-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi All,

just about to start a selfbuild of a bog standard 3bed end of terrace in north Dublin with direct labour.. so i'll probly be on here quite alot over the next few months! my first query is can anyone recommend a good architect to sign off and issue certs of compliance etc. and what would be a reasonable rate for this work?

please pm names and numbers as posting them may break the boards rules etc

Thanks

Frank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Assuming

you have a "clean" permission i.e. no tricky conditions
    you need architect to provide drawings , issue then for pricing , report on tenders and make regular site visits during build to monitor quality and costs and payment certs and certify on completion ....

Expect to be qouted

building M2 X €2k build budget

Usual fee is 10% as follows

3% to planning - but not in your case
    3.5% to appointement of builder
    3.5% uopn completion of works

So 7% of M2X €2k is expected starting point .

Depending on how "needy" the architect judges you to be - cost may be more or may be less .

Advertisement