Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karadzic

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bobo78 wrote: »
    I m not saying that he shouldn't go to trial, he should, but then the others from Croatian and Bosnian Muslims side go as well.
    And i bet you that Karadzic will get at least 25 years in prison for all that happened in Bosnia, but the gay (Naser Oric) that was responsible for killings of these Serbs in Bosnia from 1992 to 1995 was freed by Hague about 2 months ago. Where s the justice in that?:confused:

So it seems that only justice by Americans and British is to blame the Serbia and Serb people for everything. Even thou the Bosnian Muslims and Croatians had a big role in the war in the Yugoslavia in the 1990's,
    and the fact that they were killing as well.

P.S. i don't know whether it was published or not in the other media, but i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't and if it was it would probably be just mentioned in the 20 second time, and forgoten straight away.

what's all this got to do with the British and Americans? they were part of a NATO force working under UN sanction, why single them out for criticism? why not the Dutch, French or Italians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

U r right, i didn't mean to single them out, they had a good role in all what was happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

If you want the full history of the Yugoslav conflicts from the American perspective you can get the Department of Defences report. It's almost 400 pages long but it's an interesting read.

Right click and save as.

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pdffiles/00117.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Is Karadzic a war criminal or not? hopefully we will find out the truth and justice will be metered out accordingly.

the rest is irrelevant to this thread, what point are you trying to make.

this may come as a shock, but the world is not a perfect place.

Indeed.

I'm sure some think it was unfair for the Nazi leaders to be tried at Nuremberg in 1946 especially seeing as the Russians had commited similar crimes against their own people and other countries both during the war and before it...but it had to be done. Karadzic was in large part responsible for genocide, now its up to the court to prove it and try him.

Should bush, blair et al be tried for Iraq? theres definitely an argument for it and if theres sufficient evidence of them committing war crimes then of course they should be tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

how things change; Serbia once looked to Russia now it's looking towards the EU. It's obvious this change in the political outlook of Serbia is why Karadzic has been captured.
    No doubt the capture of Mladic will seal the deal for their acceptance into the EU. I doubt Mladic will give up without a fight. I suspect he has a hardcore of loyal supporters who won't be swayed to betray him for reward money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement