Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum tracks

Options
  • 21-07-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on boards got old pro tools/Logic drum files that they could share?

I am looking for 4/4 time signature kick, snare, hi hat (toms and a few drum rolls if I am real lucky!)

Dire straits straight vibe is what I am after, just something I can mix and record some of my singer/songwriter tunes over.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

BFD2 would see you set up for life, great sounds and preset grooves/fills
    350€ from Tho Mann.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

tweeky wrote: »
    BFD2 would see you set up for life, great sounds and preset grooves/fills
    350€ from Tho Mann.

I have BFD 1 + 2 it certainly rocks man, do you know how to send each individual drum to an aux in Pro tools? For example hi hat, snare and kick in three separate aux channels? I was able to do it in BFD 1 but lost with BFD 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

dav nagle wrote: »
    I have BFD 1 + 2 it certainly rocks man, do you know how to send each individual drum to an aux in Pro tools? For example hi hat, snare and kick in three separate aux channels? I was able to do it in BFD 1 but lost with BFD 2?

Got it!

Mic channel separation
    If you want to send each mic channel out of the BFD2 plugin into your host’s mixer without performing any mixing or processing in BFD2’s mixer, proceed as follows:
    • Set each kit-piece’s direct mic channels to an individual output. Since they are mono, it is recommended that you use mono output routings.
    • Set each ambience bus to a pair of stereo outputs from the plugin.
    • BFD2 has 16 mono outputs and 8 stereo outputs, so if you are using a large amount of kit-pieces you need to route some direct channels through the same outputs. You can set more than one channel to the same output, although it can be more manageable
    to route the required channels to an Aux channel to set up a sub-mix, and route this channel to the appropriate output.
    • There are no rules about how you should set up your routing – everything depends on your creative needs and what you want to achieve.
    • Once you have separated out the mic channels to individual outputs from BFD2, set up your host’s mixer to receive them. See your host’s documentation for details of how your host implements this functionality – BFD2 operates in the same way as any multiple output plugin.
    • You can then process the mic channels through whatever plugins you choose in your host, route the channels out of your audio interface’s physical outputs in order to use external processors and effects units, or simply record them as audio tracks.

Advertisement