Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons in Galway

Options
  • 21-07-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can anyone recommend a good guitar teacher for a beginner-intermediate in Galway City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I have never received formal training but have been playing guitar for years.

I would be willing to provide tuition to anyone, at a reasonable rate.

How much use I would be to you would depend on what level you are currently at.

The offer is there anyways.

I wouldn't really know much about the guitar teachers in Galway City i'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

Hi
    My better half has been teaching guitar for over 10 years now. i'll direct him to this post and then he can tell you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Declan Collins of Toasted Heretic fame is the best guitar teacher you could possibly get. Whether he's still teaching or whether he's still in Galway is another matter altogether. I went to him a few years ago but have seen him around the city since. Maybe try the golden pages for a number...I doubt he needs to advertise though, but worth a try...He can pretty much teach you any style, he's a certified guitar geek! Actually, thinking about it, he may be more suited to teaching more intermediate+ types but worth a shot. Definately money well spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

i can direct ya to a really good teacher.. her band supported damien dempsey at the weekend there. or i'll teach ya, been playin 5 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement