Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuka Honey

• 21-07-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone where I can get this stuff at a decent price either online or bricks & mortar? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The health store do it, I am reliably informed. I presume it's on their website for prices.
    EDIT:
    http://thehealthstore.ie/product.php?intProductID=604

€47.95/500g. Pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

If you are in/near Dublin I'd suggest one of the Avoca Shops/Stores, I've seen Manuka Honey there before, though it's not mentioned on their online store www.avoca.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My friend and I would consume quite a lot of things from health shops, between the likes of organic cornflakes, seeds, nuts, cider vinegar, olive oil, spirulina etc, we decided to try a wholesaler instead.

We gave http://www.iihealthfoods.com/

INDEPENDENT IRISH HEALTH FOODS Ltd
    Scart Cross, Farranfore
    Co.Kerry, Ireland
    Tel: +353(0)66-976-3800

a shot and they needed a minimum order of €300. Between the two of us, we actually exceeded this amount with stuff we regularly buy and I bought a few extras that I wouldn't usually buy like ecoballs (replaces washing powder in washing machines) for about €33 instead of €50 in the shops and a few other things. The order ended up costing €421, but we saved loads on what we would have been buying anyway. Just make sure what your buying has a long use by date or that you'd use it within its shelf life.

Unfortunately our first order was very messed up. On their product list xl file, you will see a lot of IND PREPACK, which is items they pack themselves like nuts etc, they usually start at 12x packs, but you can actually get 6x if you ask, but no less than 6 packs. Anyway, anything we could, we got 6x instead of 12x, but they messed up on the order and gave a few 12x's to make up for the money we spent on the items they didn't have at all :mad: We still have to get onto them to sort it out, but just be sure they don't do the same with you.

Just ring up and say you'd like a private sale.

Advertisement