Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get American Football tickets

• 21-07-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hi
    a mate is off on honeymoon in mid October and he is gagging to get to a game- I forget the game but its in San Diego and he said its two of the big four playing each other. Hes come across a load of sites selling tickets at up to 10 times the face value but cant afford that much ( though he is willing to pay over face value.
    Anyway does anyone know any American sites he can check? Like a US version of toutless.com or buyandsell.net? Do they ever go on sale to the public or only to season ticket holders?
    He is really dying to see a game so any help or tips are much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Check the teams website.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Try www.ticketliquidator.com or www.razorgator.com

I've used them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

www.stubhub.com is another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

DO NOT SIGN UP TO STUB HUB unless you want buckets of spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

I usually use TicketMaster

San Diego Area Football Games

I think you can only search 90 days in advance. If it's professional, you will need to find the opponent or the date to make sure you get the right game.
    If it's a "bowl" game (involving college teams), the tickets are usually not available until the two teams are determined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Craigslist is a good place to look for tickets as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tickets for 90% of the teams are near impossible to get at face value unless you know a season ticket holder, so expect to pay over the odds.

Stubhub, Razorgate sites are rip-offs.

I use eBay to get Patriots tickets. You do run the risk of them being fake, or having the barcode scanned but 99% of the time you’ll be fine (PayPal now offer insurance up to $200 now on most eBay items).
    If you look around for a couple of weeks you can get good value tickets in an auction. A lot of Patriots season ticket holders use eBay because the Patriots are clamping down on sites like Stubhub and season ticket holders could lose their tickets if they sell through Stubhub. eBay is the only place season ticket holders can sell tickets at a profit, and not risk losing their season tickets. Patriots do have a website where season tickets holders can sell tickets at face value but that’s only for people who are on the waiting list for season tickets.

There are eBay stores that sell tickets which would be the most trustworthy. A lot of sells only offer to ship to the US, but most if you ask them will ship to Ireland if you email them asking them, showing this link:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10210&M=1&P=0&O=5&msvc=6&l=12&w=1&h=7&dimGXG=52

(Most tickets are TicketFast Tickets anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Hazys wrote: »
    Patriots do have a website where season tickets holders can sell tickets at face value but that’s only for people who are on the waiting list for season tickets.

The NY Giants also have a similar scheme and I've applied for a season ticket just to get on the waiting list to get tickets at face value.

There's aprrox a 50 year waiting list so there's no fear of me ever actually having to take up a season ticket.

I know razorgator etc are a rip off but chances are anyone on here will be lucky to reach one game a year so getting ripped off for a one of visit is almost bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I would write to the team itself and explain that he is going to be on his honeymoon and

1)the Chargers are his favorite team

2) his wife allowed him this once in a lifetime opportunity to see them

3) blah blah blah

I worked with two professional sports teams in Chicago, and the teams love stuff like this. I am sure that they would try and sort something out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Lads many thanks for all the helpful replies. My mate bought a 3 game package from ticketmaster last night, he is so desperate to go that was the only way he would be guaranteed a ticket. The game is Chargers V Patriots so he feared it selling out and being left high and dry. Cost for a 3 game package was around $240 which wasn't too bad, he could have ended up paying a tout that for the single game ticket. Anyway he is going to try to sell the 2 spare tickets on ebay or craigslist so hopefully he will get something back from them.

Once again thanks for the help:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement