Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarity on banning people from forums for 'teh lulz'

Options
  • 21-07-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen this happening and was wondering even in light hearted forums in rec is this permissible or it is abuse of mod powers ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I have seen this happening and was wondering even in light hearted forums in rec is this permissible or it is abuse of mod powers ?

Zaph banned me from the ladies lounge for the laugh when he was first made Mod

I thought it was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

yes.
    also mutiny should be a valid banning reason.

so whats all this about? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think they should be hung drawn and quartered and all of their assets be given to the victims of his little rampage as compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nerin wrote: »
    yes.
    also mutiny should be a valid banning reason.

Well is mutiny covered in the charter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is the charter a book of laws? No.
    Mutiny and all thoughtcrimes must be stamped out. Anybody who even questions this must be stamped on.

PS: MacBeth.MacBeth.MacBeth.MacBeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

yes, yes it is :D

Karoma is cool, knows what its all about. muhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

It is now. :D

I think it was a shocking abuse of mod powers! Shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Karoma wrote: »
    Is the charter a book of laws? No.
    Mutiny and all thoughtcrimes must be stamped out. Anybody who even questions this must be stamped on.

PS: MacBeth.MacBeth.MacBeth.MacBeth.
    Indeed.

I do it all the time.

I've just seen this thread, but http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56639048

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's retarded. If people want "teh lulz" they can f*ck off over to 4chan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Who got banned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

SteveC wrote: »
    Who got banned?

Orestes refused Nerin. Again.

That Nerin has quite a temper on him when he's being refused what he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Did I miss some memo where we get commission for starting pointless feedback threads?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

amp has had the famous infamous "stupidity" TCN ban thread for a long time, and many have been banned from the Nest. Can only recall one that was resurrected and allowed back by popular acclaim (The-Rigger).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Guys I know in RL I think I've banned for about 5 mins at some stage or another but then I don't take many things seriously.

Dont think they noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its grand, the mod has to pick the right poster to do it to tbh. Terry banned me from AH before for a laugh ..... was funny and no harm was done. Be careful who you ban though, it might bite you on the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It's definitely an abuse of Mod Power.

Like Lady Macbeth Thaedydldydl is being overcome by unwavering bouts of remorse and guilt over her actions to a certain devilishly handsome and fiendishly intelligent poster in BGRH two weeks ago. The blood on her hands just won't go away and this thread is her version of a steel wire brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It happened to me last week. I don't plan on posting in the nocturnal forum again. If that's 'the lulz' in there they can keep it.

Sherifu wrote: »
    It happened to me last week. I don't plan on posting in the nocturnal forum again. If that's 'the lulz' in there they can keep it.
    Well said Sherifu. If they continue with this nonsense then very soon they'll be lolling all by themselves and that's never any fun.

It's no coincidence that LULZ is also an acronym for "Laughing Umpires Leading Zealously"

Pighead wrote: »

Like Lady Macbeth Thaedydldydl is being overcome by unwavering bouts of remorse and guilt over her actions to a certain devilishly handsome and fiendishly intelligent poster in BGRH two weeks ago. The blood on her hands just won't go away and this thread is her version of a steel wire brush.

Nope
    and stop wishing I was that mentally unhinged so you would have a some remote possibility of having a place in my affections.

Nope
    and stop wishing I was that mentally unhinged so you would have a some remote possibility of having a place in my affections.
    Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
    'tis time to do't.—Hell is murky.—Fie, my lord, fie, a soldier, and
    afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our
    pow'r to accompt?—Yet who would have thought the Pighead to
    have had so much blood in him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

LadyMcDeath... there might be something in it.

I was on a forum once that had a feature called ghosting - a ghosted user's posts were invisible to everyone but him/herself so he/she would be posting away billy-o, getting a fierce thick head on him/her because everyone was, as far as he/she could tell, ignring him/her.

Go h-an a lulz, for about eight minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was on a forum once that had a feature called ghosting - a ghosted user's posts were invisible to everyone but him/herself so he/she would be posting away billy-o, getting a fierce thick head on him/her because everyone was, as far as he/she could tell, ignoring him/her.

Silly idea, would never work on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That happens here too.
    You just can't see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

6th wrote: »

Um... We already have that feature. And its in use ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

6th wrote: »

It's called 'sent to Coventry' afair.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i think he knew than people, he was keeping it super seekrit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Anti wrote: »
    Um... We already have that feature. And its in use ;)

Hes being sarcastic/secretive... ;)

Pighead wrote: »
    Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
    'tis time to do't.—Hell is murky.—Fie, my lord, fie, a soldier, and
    afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our
    pow'r to accompt?—Yet who would have thought the Pighead to
    have had so much blood in him?

Fresh black pudding anyone ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fresh black pudding anyone ?

/Lady McDeath skewers McPighead

bacon%20smile%20grab.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If anyone wants to be banned from any of my forums, Just send me a pm. and BAM.

banned

Advertisement