Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarity on banning people from forums for 'teh lulz'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

If anyone wants to be banned from any of my forums, Just send me a pm. and BAM.

banned
    Go on then, ban me from Rugby, not like I'll use it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Go on then, ban me from Rugby, not like I'll use it anyway.

He said PM him, stupid. And I'm way ahead of you. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

And you can ban Pighead from BAPS while you're at it. The level of discourse in there has really declined over the past few months.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pighead wrote: »
    And you can ban Pighead from BAPS while you're at it. The level of discourse in there has really declined over the past few months.
    lol, we have a no piglet policy in BAPS for a long time now.

I banned nevf from the Wexford forum, I think he dared me to do it or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I often ban people for teh lulz. What I like to to best, is click on the names that appear on the bottom of the page in each forum, and if I see anyone is currently replying to a thread. If they are, I ban them! Usually, I'll get a PM asking if there's a problem, I'll quickly unban then and say no, there doesn't seem to be a problem, try it again now. They'll be groaning that they lots a big long post they were writing, and I'll feign sympathy... Then if I see them going to reply to the same thread, I'll ban 'em again! They don't know what's going on, and it's hilarious! :D

Much lulz, much lulz... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I often ban people for teh lulz. What I like to to best, is click on the names that appear on the bottom of the page in each forum, and if I see anyone is currently replying to a thread. If they are, I ban them! Usually, I'll get a PM asking if there's a problem, I'll quickly unban then and say no, there doesn't seem to be a problem, try it again now. They'll be groaning that they lots a big long post they were writing, and I'll feign sympathy... Then if I see them going to reply to the same thread, I'll ban 'em again! They don't know what's going on, and it's hilarious! :D

Much lulz, much lulz... :pac:

The lulz would be nigh on mighty doing that in the politics forum !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

All joking aside, I dont want to see any mod banning anyone "for teh lulz". Even if its your "besht mate, innit" ... its far to easy for it to be mis-interpreted.

So, preferably not is the answer.

DeV.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Aw, man. I was just about to ban Anti from Politics for teh lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Rb wrote: »
    It's retarded. If people want "teh lulz" they can f*ck off over to 4chan.
    CuLT....stop changing Winters name "for the lulz"

...and while I'm at it...stop abusing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

DeVore wrote: »
    All joking aside, I dont want to see any mod banning anyone "for teh lulz". Even if its your "besht mate, innit" ... its far to easy for it to be mis-interpreted.

DeV.
    Aw, ruining our fun.

Someone ban Dev from Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

oscarBravo wrote: »

Make sure he's in the middle of replying to a thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DeV.
    Damn it.
    I've done this at least 15 times.
    None of the people were a friend, let alone a best friend. In fact, I don't think I've even even met any of them.

This thread was mildly amusing at the time.

Give us a bit of leeway.
    Modding can be stressful at times and we need to do crap like this to lighten the mood a bit.
    Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nowt as boring as 4chan fanbois.

No offence guys, I'm sure you all have lovely bottoms.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oscarBravo wrote: »
    oh, ooookay. Just that one then NO MORE, ok?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

oh, ooookay. Just that one then NO MORE, ok?

DeV.

ohkjusdatw128612609048812976.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spankeh wrote: »
    CuLT....stop changing Winters name "for the lulz"

...and while I'm at it...stop abusing me!

I too have been monikerally assaulted by CuLT. Least he could do is make a support group forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nowt as boring as 4chan fanbois.

No offence guys, I'm sure you all have lovely bottoms.
    I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the 4chan party.
    That would probably work better if you had the proper Cork name.

Advertisement