Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Releases Main Event Star

• 22-07-2008 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭

http://www.wrestlingunlimited.com/news/218685882

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/932/84/

The following statement appeared on TNAwrestling.com today and was then later removed for unknown reasons:

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING TO PART WAYS WITH KAZ

TNAwrestling.com has learned that at the end of this month, Kaz will leave Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Kaz requested his release on Monday morning.

Before departing TNA, Kaz has agreed to fulfill his obligations of competing at this weekend's live events in North and South Carolina.

Kaz will appear on the premiere episode of the new "Karen's Angle" interview segment this Thursday night on "iMPACT!" to comment on his departure and his reasons for doing so.

TNA Wrestling wishes Kaz all the best in his future endeavors.

Would like to thank Devin Cutting and Andy Knowles for their help with the statement issued by TNA as it was removed from the website before I was able to see it. Not sure why they would run this online and then remove it, but they have done this in the past.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Chris Cash's Wrestlezone Post

TNA announced today that they released Kaz, yet he will be finishing up prior obligations, plus he'll be appearing on Karen's Angle to discuss his departure. This is obviously a very surprising move if it's legit, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's a "worked shoot" given his recent push. My sources in the company just read about it today as well and lean toward it being a work. We'll keep you posted here on the site.

My email to Wrestlezone minutes before his post

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING TO PART WAYS WITH KAZ

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Kaz will leave Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Kaz requested his release on Monday morning.

Before departing TNA, Kaz has agreed to fulfill his upcoming TNA Live Event obligations.

Kaz will appear on the premiere episode of the new "Karen's Angle" interview segment this Thursday night on "iMPACT!" to comment on his departure and his reasons for doing so.

TNA Wrestling wishes Kaz all the best in his future endeavors.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/932/84/

Hey, I have a feeling this may be a work, stemming from Kaz "letting down" Team TNA at Victory Road, and building towards a storyline. TNA rarely post release info on their website and this is very similar to when Christopher Daniels was "released/fired" to become Curryman, Kaz already tried the WWE and was recieving a decent push in TNA so I would not picture him leaving.

Thanks Ed (Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Obvious work, I was on TNA's site the other day looking for something and there was some story about Kaz being on a losing streak and asking what his next actions will be

EDIT: Since when do TNA use the "future endeavours" line?! Did they come up with this just to take some sort of dig at WWE?

They have used it before this, its a polite way to say we hope you fail miserably haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

At least that means we will be getting a Kaz vs. Tomko feud, which would be something worth watching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Of course it is a work they are referring to him as main eventer. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well he did main event at Lockdown.
    Sadly, as much as i enjoy Kazarian, that's his biggest accomplishment to date aside from his X Division stuff.

Anyway opinions aside, this is as worked as they come. He'll be back within a month.
    VR!

Sadly, as much as i enjoy Kazarian, that's his biggest accomplishment to date aside from his X Division stuff.

But still he aint a main eventer.
    Anyway opinions aside, this is as worked as they come.

Tell that to Wrestleline, oh wait someone had to.
    He'll be back within a month.

Russo has attempted this storyline a million times and it has never had a memorable payoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://www.wrestlingunlimited.com/news/218703314

As noted earlier tonight, Frankie "Kaz" Kazarian is apparently departing from TNA, at least according to their official website. He requested his release from the company this morning. However, he has agreed to fulfill his upcoming dates with TNA before parting ways with the company. In a weird deal, and probably a first in professional wrestling, Kaz will be commenting on his decision to leave TNA on the premiere edition of the "Karen's Angle" interview segment on iMPACT! this Thursday. While this is merely speculation, it looks like this could possibly be a "worked-shoot" angle to generate interest/attention in Kaz, so we shouldn't jump the gun on him really leaving the organization quite yet. For one, TNA hardly ever posts notes regarding departures from the company. The only departure they have announced this year is that of "Wildcat" Chris Harris. Secondly, him apparently doing an angle after making a decision to leave the company is quite peculiar. And probably the key reason showing that this deal may be a work is that the "Karen's Angle" interview segment should have been taped at last week's iMPACT! tapings when they had all the talent and production people together. The TNA site is saying he requested his release today, and will be on her show later this week. If that's the case, they'd have to fly both Karen & Kaz in to some remote location, as well as their production people, put together her fancy set for the show, and film it, this week. TNA really only films stuff for television if they're showing say, Eric Young touring a city, and other candid looking stuff, where they only need a cameraman or two, and not a big production staff. One key thing to look for in the segment is if Karen wears the same one strap black dress she wore on iMPACT! last week in a vignette plugging the upcoming show. If so, it would appear that Kaz's segment was taped beforehand, and that this is all a work. Also keep in mind that when Kaz came to the ring at a Sunday night house show he wasn't smiling at all and looked really pissed off. Anyway, stay tuned to this story because there appears to be more than meets the eye.

Anyway the real, credible sites (PWTorch & ProWrestling.net) confirmed it is a work and the segment was pretaped on the previous set of tapings.

rovert wrote: »
    But still he aint a main eventer.

Well he would be, just on a Lex Luger level ;)
    Tell that to Wrestleline, oh wait someone had to.

Is that place still going? Christ, i haven't visited that site in about eight years and even then, it was a joke. It was only worth visiting for Scott Keith's bitter rants, and even then, he got the f*ck out of there for thesmarks.com (later the411.com/411wrestling/411mania.com)

Ah back in the days when i used to read spoiler sites when i didn't have digita TV, seems like only last year!
    Russo has attempted this storyline a million times and it has never had a memorable payoff.

Precicely the reason that i think he'll be back within a month!
    VR!

• Advertisement

Precicely the reason that i think he'll be back within a month!

With no mention of this firing, lol

I guess the reason why i enjoy TNA is that i actually don't pay much attention to the storylines in it anymore, I zone out until the bell goes off. Then it's tune in time.

Kaz has been thrown into a horrible storyline currently with the whole "beating himself up for letting Team TNA down during the X Cup" angle.

I'm also not entirely sure if this is solely down to Russo either, it reeks of Mantel to me.
    VR!

VR!
    It was Sacrifice

Damnit! I was close :D
    VR!

How could you forget the Terrordome match haha

Advertisement