Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sands of Time definitely. The story will be lost on you for the other 3 games. It's also the best in the series despite the bad combat and despite what the Warrior Within affectinatos/crazies say :)

Oh I'll agree with you, Sands of Time is the best in the series, but WW is still great, it knocks the socks off a lot of other games out there. I'd be with you and say that WW is the weakest in the series, but it still does the series justice imo.

and yeah noodler, you really need to play all 3 to get the complete story, although make sure you unlock the second ending at the end of WW otherwise the start of TTT will be a real "WTH???" moment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wheres it 20e online?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep use a walkthrough to find the secrets in WW to get the secret ending, just before the end you can save and get both anyway and you might screw your game up if you backtrack since the game can be really buggy. Also prepare for one of the hardest boss battles ever when you take the second ending route.

I did love Warrior Within, I just think it's a shame that they took the darker route since I feel the game could have been so much better with a more restrained artstyle and kept the much better prince character from the other 2 games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

New games looks great. Only briefly played SoT so not well learned in the Prince's adventures, but the new one looks like a good exploration game, and hopefully the comparisons with Ico will be accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ok, now that I deleted the HORRIBLE movie-guy-voiceover trailer from my memory & watched the VIEWTIFUL E3 trailer - it's this or Mirror's Edge.

No, screw that. It's this AND Mirror's Edge that are on my MUST-PLAY list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Any trailer that uses Sigur Ros music has me instantly intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

looks good!but saying this is next gen is abit out of place...(the title is called PoP:Next gen).nothing really new/exciting from the game play so far tbh
    Cina wrote: »
    Any trailer that uses Sigur Ros music has me instantly intrigued.
    thanks for that!any chance ya know what exactly is the name of the song in that trailer?

edit:found it!it's called Saeglopur

seraphimvc wrote:
    looks good!but saying this is next gen is abit out of place...(the title is called PoP:Next gen).nothing really new/exciting from the game play so far tbh
    What do you expect, flying cars?

No no no, "next-gen" is marketing buzz for "new-fangled AI & graphics routines that the average Joe won't notice explicitly".

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What do you expect, flying cars?

No no no, "next-gen" is marketing buzz for "new-fangled AI & graphics routines that the average Joe won't notice explicitly".
    the graphic the kind is like Okami etc,looks good,but i guess that's technically backward from 3D right?and of course defo not title with Next gen >_< i am no graphic fan or fanboy,dont tell about those,my eyes say older PoP looks technically better

seraphimvc wrote: »
    the graphic the kind is like Okami etc,looks good,but i guess that's technically backward from 3D right?and of course defo not title with Next gen >_< i am no graphic fan or fanboy,dont tell about those,my eyes say older PoP looks technically better
    Actually, implementing a unique graphical art style & not fscking it up takes good technical expertise.
    Any developer can hit the "add more bloom" option.*

*note: this is actually opinion masquerading as fact, I just happen to love good cel-shading :D

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actually, implementing a unique graphical art style & not fscking it up takes good technical expertise.
    Any developer can hit the "add more bloom" option.*

*note: this is actually opinion masquerading as fact, I just happen to love good cel-shading :D
    /turn on ps2 play okami

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd take PoP: next gens graphics over GoW 2 anyday. Realisism and brown are boring I find gorgeous stylised graphics far more eye catching. Cel-shading definitely isn't a backwards step.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd take PoP: next gens graphics over GoW 2 anyday. Realisism and brown are boring I find gorgeous stylised graphics far more eye catching. Cel-shading definitely isn't a backwards step.

^^ I'd rather see really good stylised graphics in a game than yet another incredibly realistic game that bored the pants off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I bought 2T the other day for €8 thinking it was the second one in the trilogy but now i realise i have to back track >.<

still an impressive game tho, considering i've just started it.

new trailer does look amazing, one of my favourite songs used too

edit: the girl looks like she's wearing a strait jacket tho........... o.0

Advertisement