Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prepared for disaster ?

• 22-07-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I spent the day reorganising and I reckon I am fairly safe now
    Have two backup folders, each on seperate disks with copies of all my software
    Have two Ghost images of Vista 32 bit, each on seperate disks
    Have two Ghost images of vista 64 bit, each on seperate disks
    Have two copies of ghost on CD

theres not much that could go wrong that I can't fix in 5 mins, barring major hardware failure

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Whats this all about? :s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it doesn't matter, it never matters. you're going to know exactly where they are at all times up to the point where you actually need them, that's when they sprout wings and fly around your room.. hovering directly out of vision no matter how fast you spin around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

oh noes, nuclear strike: im afraid your efforts have gone to waste: you are ded.

keep one backup off-site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pfft; half the the fun of a disaster is re.installing from scratch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Overheal wrote: »
    keep one backup off-site.

not a bad idea hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MooseJam wrote: »

theres not much that could go wrong that I can't fix in 5 mins, barring major hardware failure

Wow well done
    *pat on back*

Sorry man but I'm all out of gold stars...

Achilles wrote: »
    Wow well done
    *pat on back*

Sorry man but I'm all out of gold stars...

haha thanks dude, I'm pretty chuffed myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

haha thanks dude, I'm pretty chuffed myself

Heh at least you find it funny, there are some dry ****es on this board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

i hope you remembered to include a regular backup of your documents, photos, music, internet favourites, desktop items, download program folders, email data files such as pst, dbx, thunderbird etc etc...

Well done on the OS images. Very useful and practable to get your system functioningi back to day one in the case of virus infection or hardware failure...but your data is the most important!!! anyone can reinstall an OS with a bit of knowledge and without an OS image, but you can't reinstall your docs after a HDD failure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

are all these disks in a pc and accessible from windows if so a virus/hacker/power surge could wipe the lot

best to take a backup disk drive out and store it in ESD bag and a padded box

• Advertisement

mukki wrote: »
    are all these disks in a pc and accessible from windows if so a virus/hacker/power surge could wipe the lot

best to take a backup disk drive out and store it in ESD bag and a padded box

that it a good point, might invest in an external drive

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Put it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag it in a bag

and bury it in the garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

hhmmm HDD making strange clicking noises think it would be a good idea to backup data soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

nah, i have seen a lot of those usb hard drives dying, they are for transpoting files, no good for backups,

best to plug in a sata drive once a week and copy your documents and settings folder and the ghost image to it

Advertisement