Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit Hoods

Options
  • 22-07-2008 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Ok, straightforward enough question for ye;

1] Wetsuit with hood attached

2] Wetsuit with hood separate

3] Wetsuit with under vest with hood attached

What ye think...if it's the first option...could ye point me in the direction of a few decent ones online...can't seem to find any...

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ok, straightforward enough question for ye;

What ye think...if it's the first option...could ye point me in the direction of a few decent ones online...can't seem to find any...

Thanks in advance :D

In order of preference -

No Hood :D

The only one I can think of off the top of my head with a hood attached (detatchable too) is the O' Neill Mutant range of suits.

I'm sure theres plenty more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

If I get one with the hood attached, and i keep the hood down, is it annoying??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Very annoying IMHO. Hood fills with water, cant really do it.

Hence the suggestion of the Mutant where the hood zips off when you dont want to use it.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Very annoying IMHO. Hood fills with water, cant really do it.

Hence the suggestion of the Mutant where the hood zips off when you dont want to use it.

Good good. Seems to be the way to go all right...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

hood are only need for a very short time and are pretty anoying to sa the least, get a chep ski mask style one off ebay if you really want one,

• Advertisement

so would anyone reccommend surfing without one?? i heard you could get something called surfer's ear...from cold water getting into your ear or something?? think winter surfing now like...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Surfer's Ear
    I'm new to surfing aswell, my 2¢:
    I am planing on geting a hood that tucks down inside the wetsuit.

like this:
    billabong_solution.gif

not like this:
    bonghood.gif

i find those so annoying...yet neccessary...so i could get one that i could put up and down as required...the O'Neill Mutant seems to be the only one with that option...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Anyone ever try ear plugs to prevent surfer's ear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Never got surfers ear meself, but it dosen't sound pleasant.

Check out this hood http://store.magicseaweed.com/Xcel-Hooded-Polypro/Item/265/ I reckon this would be the biz - It should probably eliminate getting a cold flush down your back on a duck dive - "neigherghrghrgh" - as the horse said when he got out of the fridge! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

cue wrote: »
    Anyone ever try ear plugs to prevent surfer's ear?

There were a few posts on this not so long ago, putty and blu-tac were what people said they use, i would imagine that ear plugs would be good too.

Macanri wrote: »
    Never got surfers ear meself, but it dosen't sound pleasant.

Check out this hood http://store.magicseaweed.com/Xcel-Hooded-Polypro/Item/265/ I reckon this would be the biz - It should probably eliminate getting a cold flush down your back on a duck dive - "neigherghrghrgh" - as the horse said when he got out of the fridge! :eek:

ya im thinking of going with a normal wetsuit with summit to that effect under it. would add a bit of warmth, and give you flexibility with the hood...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Rip Curl Core wetsuits have a detachable hood too, in fact I think several Rip Curl models do

Advertisement