Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HGV Exhausts

• 22-07-2008 9:22am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a bit of info.

As far as I am aware there was an EU directive that banned low level exhausts after a certain date and all exhausts have to be at a high level (usually above cab level).

Any one know what I'm talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Great idea. Presumably covered under vehicle construction regulations. The RSA would possibly be the best people to talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kearnsr wrote: »
    there was an EU directive that banned low level exhausts after a certain date
    I'm not familiar with that directive but I doubt that it would be retrospective! Presumably it would only apply to new vehicles registered after a specific date.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

As far as I know it came in around 2000. All vehicles registered after this date had to have high level exhausts.

Its just something I heard in passing and I was just interested in it. Haven't found what I'm looking for but I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

I presume this doesn't apply to buses?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

markpb wrote: »

It does as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Aren't busses classed as PSVs not HGVs?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Aren't busses classed as PSVs not HGVs?

Its more to do with the exhaust fumes than the type of vehicle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

markpb wrote: »

Ye, I think a double decker with the exhaust coming out of the roof would be a bit unrealistic, if only for safety, not to mention the design problems.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Buffman wrote: »
    Ye, I think a double decker with the exhaust coming out of the roof would be a bit unrealistic, if only for safety, not to mention the design problems.

Some of the Dublin Bus fleet have this already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

Must keep an eye out for them, most of them seem to have it rear bottom right side.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement