Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meanwhile in the real world: what size is your gf?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

There was a girl in college who would have been deemed 'overweight', in that she had an hourglass figure but was quite chunky. She had the most clear skin and beautiful eyes and I thought she was absolutely stunning. She was seriously one of my favourites at college. Its not all about being skinny, is my point, though there are limits to that!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Size 8 - 10, 5' 8"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I saw an obese lady last weekend with the most incredibly elegant way of moving.
    She was mesmerizing.

i'd actually like to see that tbh,because after people get to a certain weight they develop the fat shuffle.I think most people could agree that that should be the cut off point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

In all seriousness.

Marylin Monroe - Size 16.

Her. Bed. Out. Crisps? Nah.

Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with nercophilia. I'm refering to her attractive qualities whilst she was alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think that's an urban myth Pen. She was gorgeously voluptuous but she looked a lot less than a 16. And the camera adds pounds.

I think the rumour stems from a size 16 dress she had in her wardrobe or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i'd actually like to see that tbh,because after people get to a certain weight they develop the fat shuffle.I think most people could agree that that should be the cut off point?
    The FBI's most famous employees on Homer:
    Scully: His jiggling is almost hypnotic
    Mulder: Yes, it's like a lava lamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Dudess wrote: »
    Yep, totally understandable.

It's just that when I read some of the more extreme comments, I look at things from the other perspective and they do read a bit like "I'm a girl who would only go out with a guy who is lean with a six-pack". We heterosexual girls would get slated for that...

I'm a heterosexual girl and I would only go out with a guy who is lean with a six pack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm a bicurious girl and I would only go out with a guy who is lean with a six pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Size 6, lovely curves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

About yae big

*widens hand*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

t-ha wrote: »
    Perfect 10 (or River Island 8) and sexy as hell.

;) Thanks T-ha! x

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

keevita wrote: »
    ;) Thanks T-ha! x

I smells me a boards couple.
    The honeymoon will soon be over :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Are all the guys on this thread as healthy and toned as their girlfriends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Piste wrote: »

Good god no, i had burgers (thats right, plural) for lunch.

The girlfriend is def the looks in this relationship :D

I'm the one who comes up with all the bad ideas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

10. She's not just a number though, hot too.

Zing!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Irishcrx wrote: »
    That's why I said it depends on height etc but in general I do like slimmer women i'm just not attracted to big girls...people can't help what they are attracted to.
    Yeah yeah I understand where you're coming from Irishcrx. I myself am not particularly attracted to narrowminded, arrogant Justin Timberlake style guys either [I'm not a Brad Pitt fan!]

Can we not just let the whole I-don't-find-bigger-than-a-size-12/smaller-than a size 8 thing go? We all have different preferences. I always thought I didn't find bald headed guys attractive but saw a guy today completely bald that I SO fancied! We can't stereotype the type of people we like and say "I wouldn't fancy anyone other than this type" because it's just not true. And if it is true, you're pathetic & don't deserve to have a girlfriend/boyfriend anyway.

Also, lots of men don't know proper sizes. Hell they pretend to be brasperts but in reality they don't have a clue [Again, I can't generalise, so I'll say SOME men don't have a clue!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

...and some guys can go for both.. I'm 5"9, and a size 12, but my OH's previous girlfriend was a size 6 (granted she was 5"6), so not sure what that means?!

aviendha wrote: »
    ...and some guys can go for both.. I'm 5"9, and a size 12, but my OH's previous girlfriend was a size 6 (granted she was 5"6), so not sure what that means?!

That means you can totally KICK HER ASS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Or he doesn't really love you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

aviendha wrote: »
    Exactly :) It means nothing! [The sizes debate, not your relationship :P]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm reasonably healthy, but I've just started my second month of a eat, drink what ya like binge.

/just finished a Subway, now onto the three cookies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm a bicurious girl and I would only go out with a guy who is lean with a six pack.

how does the curious bit work then?

at what point do you stop being curious and just become bi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'm in good shape, I wouldn't say im a big muscle man but I'm happy enough with my shape at 27.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

muwahahaha, I'm SO ready to pull some UFC rear-naked-choke on her if she gives me any grief!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thats bull****e. BMI is no indication of fitness. In fact the fitter you are the less relevant it is.

Well BMI is a measure of the fat percentage on a persons body. Generally the fitter you are the lower your BMI. However, it isn't always accurate, I was quite muscular and toned before and I had a BMI of 33%. My instructor was really surprised at that, thought I'd be mid 20's.

That said, I'm probably at about 40%+ now lol, due to being lazy. And yes, it is my fault I'm fat lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I do believe both sexes can be extremely shallow, some just go to the effort to hide it. In a face to face situation most of the ladies here would tell me to get ****ed solely on the basis of how I look.
    Thes sizes mean nothing to me, what are they actually a measurement of? and in what units?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

kowloon wrote: »
    I do believe both sexes can be extremely shallow, some just go to the effort to hide it. In a face to face situation most of the ladies here would tell me to get ****ed solely on the basis of how I look.
    Thes sizes mean nothing to me, what are they actually a measurement of? and in what units?

Any woman that tells a bloke to get ****ed on the basis of looks is a bullet sucessfully dodged. No one worth knowing would be that shallow imo and the same goes for fellas who cant see past an ideal.

As for sizes, so much comes into it such as height and proportion as well as dimension. A size ten girl of 6ft is going to look a lot thinner than a 5foot 2 girl of the same size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Size 8, 8 stone, BMI of 19.

I don't like fat people.

That actually made me spit out some of my drink :D

Last one was 5'10 and a size 6 to 8, but had fake boobs, I told nobody and lots of girls were very annoyed by her. It was hilarious cos she ate like a horse, but ran and interval trained every morning, I told nobody that either :D

To be fair I dont know how relevant it is but I know alot of slim girls, but many of them work damn hard at it,

I'm a heterosexual girl and I would only go out with a guy who is lean with a six pack.

I have to ask this, do you both have the female equivalent of these body qualities?

• Advertisement

Good ole Tar has made me slightly bi-curious.
    He has that manly smell.
    Like that all man manly smell. The kind of man whose brain is sweating from thinking so goddman hard about important things, things that trouble the world goddamnit, and yet he has spent his day fixing tractors for sick children. That kind of man smell.

And yet she casts this illustrious glow every time she enters a room. A truly excellent hostess. Hot curves, womanly allure, and a calming demeanour.

He truly is a man amongst blokes and she truly is a lady amongst wimmin.
    I firmly raise a glass to Tar and his manhood, and Tara and her ability to make babies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i don't understand women's sizes but my previous LTR girlfriend was about 5'10'' and didn't have a belly or sagging parts, that's not to say she was skin and bones, it was just nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

Mine's about 7" and narrow with a leopardskin print. I've put on a bit of weight in the last few years (a glandular problem, honest :pac:) and when I look at old photos of myself, size 14 and stacked, I can help thinking, "mmmm, I'd give her one". So I do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't have a particular size I go for - "in proportion" is what I'm attracted to and that means different things for different heights and body types.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Size 6-8, but disproportionately large ontop :)
    Can make clothes shopping a bit bizarre.....

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    Size 6-8, but disproportionately large ontop :)
    Can make clothes shopping a bit bizarre.....

Lucky bastard

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gabgab wrote: »
    Lucky bastard

Lol- I'm constantly reminded :D

Advertisement