Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connelly Clamped

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Has anyone followed the whole Cllr Connelly clamping fiasco in the local media.

Cllr Connelly was clamped by a young fella, seemingly abused (verbally !) the bejaysus out of him and since then has refused to provide any answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I heard about him getting in a row with a ticket warden last year and giving the warden the height of abuse. But this clamping incident is news to me, I'm going to have a look for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

That actually went to court. It seems the bachelor cllr has a 'personal history' in relation to a particular individual there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 annaq

Padraig Conneely is a publicity seeking bully, he has waged a personal vendetta against innocent people in this city for the past four years, he is a useless councillor-has he ever actually acheived anything at all during his term as councillor? re the clamping saga... lets hope Daniel Callinanan does get to the truth of the matter? Interesting to hear of this "personal history" our batchelor councillor has had with this poor unfortunate warden.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LOL Civil Love in the Civil Service? I couldn't imagine that being all too exciting. Isint that fecker Mayor now? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Connelly, once an arsehole, always an arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This type of stuff has been getting to me for a while now.....
    Its no wonder the city is in such a mess re infrastructure and in general with clowns like these running the show. This guy is mayor now for fecks sake!
    Now, whatever about the merits of the actual clamping debate (I really dont know who is in the right and who is in the wrong and if there was wrongdoing it does need to come out but not to the detriment of council affairs) however it has dominated council meetings of late and has resulted in a number of them being disbanded. This almost caused the parade on Sunday night not to get a license issued.....crazy stuff.
    These clowns shouldnt be left in charge of an ant farm, let alone a city the size of and with the needs of Galway.
    Its been like this for the last few years anyway with petty arguments and general nonsense going on in the papers.
    I really hope that there are plenty councillors there who do the hard work and keep some sanity in the chamber. Pity its only the clowns we hear about.
    End of Rant.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

One thing I have noticed about Cllr. Padraig Connelly is that he always puts down the Heritage, Tourism and Arts industries via Galway newspapers and yet he is chairman of the Eyre Square event??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

One thing I have noticed about Cllr. Padraig Connelly is that he always puts down the Heritage, Tourism and Arts industries via Galway newspapers and yet he is chairman of the Eyre Square event??

As previously noted in this and other threads the Cllr. in question is very active in various local issues - fact is it appears to be self promotion, which he seems to be very fond of, the actual issue he has been pr related to remains largely unrelated to his quest for local infamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread 4 years old.
    Necro lock. If you want to discuss politicians have a gander at Politics .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement