Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Spin, 22nd July

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Anyone up for a flat one tonight, maybe Maynooth and back -want to stretch the legs, but my hip is still at me so want to keep it flat... 6 at the Papal Cross Carpark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Should be able to make it ... but 6:15/20 more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Should be able to make it ... but 6:15/20 more likely.

Grand job, 6.20 it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

6.20 at the papal cross carpark in phoenix park, defo. how far is maynooth and back?

ba wrote: »
    6.20 at the papal cross carpark in phoenix park, defo. how far is maynooth and back?

40/50 k or so, nothing too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm up for a spin :).

se ya later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I might be, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll either confirm later or be there if I only know late. If I'm not there on time, don't wait for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Would like to go out, still havent got that rear wheel fixed so it may have to wait till saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i'm up for this too. 6.20 suits me better too. just about caught ye the other day!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Brought the bike to work with the intention of going out on my own tonight. If I'm out of work at the right time, I'll hook up with you. Should know later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Dirk- if it drags on getting it fixed and you are 10 speed I have a spare rear wheel with 12-25 cassette I can lend you.

I'm out I'm afraid; birthday/concert on this evening.

IT'S MY REST DAY!

• Advertisement

Cheers blorg, I'm bringing it in to college today to let a few of my mates have a go at it. They think i'm just too much of a wuss, but we shall see....

Gonna order one of them speed levers once I figure out wot other stuff I want to waste money on this month :)

EDIT: Also, I cant imagine u resting, you're like the chuck norris of cycling! Blorg doesnt rest, he just pedals backwards!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Cheers blorg, I'm bringing it in to college today to let a few of my mates have a go at it.
    OK, good luck with that, by the sounds of it you may need my rear wheel after all :D

EDIT: Also, I cant imagine u resting, you're like the chuck norris of cycling! Blorg doesnt rest, he just pedals backwards!

Blorg doesn't climb hills, they shrink under his wheels

Blorg doesn't get tired, tiredness get's Blorg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Blorg's bike doesn't move over the road, the road moves under Blorg's bike.

OK, so that was a bad one.

Lance Armstrong wears Blorg pajamas.

Blorg doesnt get road-rash, the road gets blorg-rash

Ha, you guys :D

One of these days I will beat Raam to the top of a hill. Then I will be INVINCIBLE, INVINCIBLE I tells ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Lance Armstrong wears Blorg pajamas.

Blorg doesnt get road-rash, the road gets blorg-rash

Some say that he sleeps with a chunk of tarmac under his pillow...

...and that his bathroom is tiled with sheets of tyre rubber.

All we know is that he's called blorg...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Will definitely be there for 6:20, so wait for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good putting some faces to screen names, sorry I couldn't tag along but someone has to mind this ol' country of our's while you guys sleep ;)

My Spin: 56Km
    Avg Speed : 24.6
    Legs: a bit tired because of yesterday's spins up the Mtns
    Map: ... well let's say we never made it to Maynooth ( wrong turn )
    Ended up back in the park, Did a couple of laps with Niceonetom and headed home... not sure why the group got split at that stage.

Nice, easy and agreable spin ... couldn't have done anything more tonight.

Photo: This is us here ...3_team_csc_ttt_team_time_trial.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

53.2km here at a 26.2 average. got two nice laps of a section of the park in with ba. hopefully get out again soon!? need to get back into shape pronto and a few spins a week will definitely help that!

Just calculated that I cycled 650km in the past 10 days ... and I think I'm missing a spin so it could be more ,,, and that also not including my commute of 4k a day to work ( that's a crappy commute distance ) ... I think I will take a few days off, my body is not used to it and is wondering what the hell is going on ... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hey hope you guys had a good one tonight. Are there any planned for later in week? I won't be out the weekend (despite great weather predictions) because I am off to see the end of the TdeF in Paris at the weekend!!!!

Sorry to name drop, but I had to share...!

Cadex wrote: »
    I won't be out the weekend (despite great weather predictions) because I am off to see the end of the TdeF in Paris at the weekend!!!!

Sorry to name drop, but I had to share...!

You flash git!!!!

I'd say Blorg will be up for going out sometime this week, I may head out Thurs myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

thursday, like say in the mountains?

kenmc wrote: »

In work till 6.30 on Thursday, no hills for me :D - Will be in the park with my Trek that day tho. I need to readjust a few things since I am taking this one to France in 13 days and I haven't used it in a while.

Is there a nice Wicklow spin on Sat Morning thought?

kenmc wrote: »

Could be.... could be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Count me in if so, need to get a feel for the new steed!

I'll be on for Thursday and Saturday. It's a nice day today too, I'll probably be out this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement